i wanna change pickups for my new ibanez rg321ex. but right now im looking for passive pickup coz i already got epi sg with blackouts and schecter omen extreme with emg. so which passive pickup are great for drop c tuning? i mostly play metalcore and deathcore type of music.. sorry for my bad english.. im from malaysia...
I've got a Seymour Duncan Invader on the guitar i tune to drop Bflat. It is really good, better than emg.

But if your looking for something that will really blow the boots off an active pickup then go for Bareknuckle!!
they do models with great names: nailbomb, painkiller, warpig
http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/products.html
check it out, you can even select the style for the casing.
What is your budget roughly?

Average budget you should check out the DiMarzio D Sonic or the Duncan Invader

If your budget is high then check out Bare Knuckle Warpigs (monstrous output) or Nailbombs (high output). I have a set of Nailbombs in my PRS and their ability with drop tunings is ridiculous, but they clean up fantastically too
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
neck- dimarzio air norton
bridge - dimarzio d-sonic

though i suggest irongear pickups. the steam hammer or hammer head would be good for u. they only cost 25 pounds per pickup (around $45 or less i think). even with shipping they cost less than seymour duncan.

http://www.irongear.co.uk/
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
i never tried it but its an passive pickup thats supposed to sound like an active one
oowh... i listened to irongear's hammerhead sound sample... it sound great.. but they dont ship to malaysia...
The Dimarzio D sonic with the blade towards the bridge is amazing for drop tunings. The D Activator is alright sounding, but it isn´t the type of sound that I personally like.
i want to hear the sample.. but i dont like dimarzio's website sample... i cant compare with other pickup coz the sample is taken from the songs..
In my profile the song Revelations Part II - Decido is recorded on a D sonic. The rhythm and most of the leads.

If that helps at all.
Either SH-2 N with SH-6 Bridge
or just a SH-6 set should be good
The SH-6 can easily be clear in G#
like seriously and is clear in E Standard
Vlasco - i listened to ur profile song.. the pickup sound bassier.. which is good coz i play a lot of brutal rythm... hehe.. i never try dimarzio before coz most of my favorite band use either EMG or SD...
Quote by xxzufrixx
Vlasco - i listened to ur profile song.. the pickup sound bassier.. which is good coz i play a lot of brutal rythm... hehe.. i never try dimarzio before coz most of my favorite band use either EMG or SD...

the pickups require different settings all can sound the same
SH-8 prefers Alder while SH-6 prefers Mahogany both can sound
just as punchy and the EMG and Blackouts dont sound real
and you sound like just an ordinary band

"Least on ENGL heads"
sh-13 dimebucker @ bridge! it sounds decent 1/2 or 1 step down but the other guitar it was in was in c std and it was beautiful! be careful with the treble setting as its a bit sharp.

id advise against using the SD full shred neck if youre gonna be downtuned. seems like it would get muddy pretty easily.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by xxzufrixx

That´s what I love about the D Sonic is that it has that highly defined edge of an active or trebly pickup because of the blade side... but it still has a really nice bassy punch.
Quote by xDarrellx87x
the pickups require different settings all can sound the same
SH-8 prefers Alder while SH-6 prefers Mahogany both can sound
just as punchy and the EMG and Blackouts dont sound real
and you sound like just an ordinary band

"Least on ENGL heads"

but my new guitar is basswood... so can i get the punchy tone with sh-8 and sh-6 from basswood?

Quote by SYLrules88
sh-13 dimebucker @ bridge! it sounds decent 1/2 or 1 step down but the other guitar it was in was in c std and it was beautiful! be careful with the treble setting as its a bit sharp.

id advise against using the SD full shred neck if youre gonna be downtuned. seems like it would get muddy pretty easily.

i usually play rythm... is this pickup good for rythm and lead?

Quote by Vlasco
That´s what I love about the D Sonic is that it has that highly defined edge of an active or trebly pickup because of the blade side... but it still has a really nice bassy punch.

ooowh ok... but this pickup is quite expensive.. isn't it?
Seymour Duncan Alternative 8 KILLS the invader, jb, custom, ect. its a BEAST of a pickup, and also sounds really good. (even clean)

dont get the invader, i really have no clue why Duncan still sells them even.. they sound terrible. you could also try the D sonic or D activator if you really dig dimarzio
I don´t know how much it costs in Malaysia. 90€ in Germany.
Seymour Duncan SH-6 Duncan Distortion - a very tight, high output ceramic pickup. Holds up to drop tuning really well because it's mostly concentrated on mids and highs, yet it has a bit of thump to it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Listen to some of my recordings with my ibanez to hear how the sh6 sounds. Id recommend it to anyone really powerful sound but still has clarity to it.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Quote by xxzufrixx
oowh... i listened to irongear's hammerhead sound sample... it sound great.. but they dont ship to malaysia...

i think they do. send them an email asking if they ship to malaysia.

and heres demos of the bareknuckles warpig
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bareknuckles+warpig&search_type=&aq=f
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt