I heard there is a way to halve the amount of watts on a tube amp? Can somebody please tell me what is the name of this process and how would I go about doing it? I think it has something to do with the tubes in the amp?

Cheers
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Would you want to?

And if so WHY, WHY I ASK YOU???
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
Quote by STAN_THA_MAN
Would you want to?

And if so WHY, WHY I ASK YOU???

Yeah I would, its because I recently aquired myself a Bugera 6262 combo, being 120 watts and all its fine for band practise (not tried gigging yet) but a tad loud for bedroom practising.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by 12joey.c12
Yeah I would, its because I recently aquired myself a Bugera 6262 combo, being 120 watts and all its fine for band practise (not tried gigging yet) but a tad loud for bedroom practising.

get an attenuator then you can crank the volume up and then have it at a reasonable volume
remove two power tubes...you now have a 60 watt head...each power tube=30 watts for your head
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
I thought you could only use attenuators with heads and cabs? Also they seem quite pricey and Ive just blown all my money on this amp :P

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by 12joey.c12
I thought you could only use attenuators with heads and cabs? Also they seem quite pricey and Ive just blown all my money on this amp :P

you can get ones for combos, although they are pretty rare, there are some that come in the form of a pedal and they're about $200us

edit: here's one that can be used with combos http://www.tubejuiceattenuators.com/buy.html#max100
Last edited by britishsligean at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by chuckmehh
remove two power tubes...you now have a 60 watt head...each power tube=30 watts for your head

Ahh this sounds like what I was previously on about , is that all I need to do? Is there no other mods I need to do to the amp?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by 12joey.c12
Ahh this sounds like what I was previously on about , is that all I need to do? Is there no other mods I need to do to the amp?

not that I know of man. I've never done it but I know this is how it works. Not sure if it'll change the tone of the amp or anything either....would check with another person on the finer details or google it haha
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
You'll want to change your output impedance.

If you are running a 16 ohm load with four tubes and then you pull two tubes, set your impedance to 8 ohms.

Also, only remove a pair. That is either both outside tubes or both inside tubes.