iPhones across Australia lit up with the face of '80s crooner Rick Astley this week as a Wollongong TAFE student made international headlines for releasing the first virus to infect the popular smartphone platform.

The virus is able to reset the phone wallpaper to display an image of Astley (a practice known as rickrolling) on unlocked or “jailbroken” iPhones.

/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11/ (Pit), I am scared of what else can be accomplished after this.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/mobiles/mixed-response-to-astley-iphone-virus-20091110-i74f.html
Last edited by genghisgandhi at Nov 10, 2009,
Don't get smart phones when all you do are dumb things whit them.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
They already own the world, but no one wants to admit it.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
They failed to reenable basic security measures on their iPhones, something any idiot should do.

Honestly, they deserve whatever's coming to them.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
haha that guy is a legend!

Surely resetting the firmware will remove it?
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Quote by genghisgandhi
thats what I'm afraid of (I don't have an iPhone, but if the mass public was exposed to such a picture, chaos would ensue)

Mmm Yes yes Mmhmm Yessss..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by The_Casinator
They'd better warn the public for the next step: Goatse.jpg!

I'm 12 years old and what is this
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.