Page 1 of 3
I know people want to ban things like the phrase "Christmas tree" in favor of "holiday tree." Personally I don't understand this. I celebrate Christmas, but if someone says "Happy Hanukkah" to me I won't be offended, it's not an insult or anything. What do you all think about the political correctness regarding this?
Political and Moral Reasons--That whole thing.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
It doesn't offend me. I'm an atheist, but I'm used to seeing christmas-themed stuff everywhere. You don't see me ordering to take this christian propaganda down. If it's in a predominantly christian state, I don't see the problem with celebrating a christian holiday.

I wouldn't expect to see decorated trees and Santa Claus in, say, Saudi Arabia.
it's only in your backwards country. over here in the real world, we can still call everything christmas tree.

fuck haters.
I love christ, I love christmas
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
just laugh at the idiot minority who think that sort of thing is actually offensive like the rest of us.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
It's called "let's trample on the beliefs and opinions of the majority in order to bend over backwards for the minority", aka political correctness.
My Gear

Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Ibanez PF Acoustic Electric

Vox AC4TV8
Crate FXT 65

Various pedals
Quote by BlueTele1983
It's called "let's trample on the beliefs and opinions of the majority in order to bend over backwards for the minority", aka political correctness.

It's called a fragment of your imagination.

Seriously.
Quote by BlueTele1983

This, on so many levels.

Pisses me off.
jolly snowflake day to all
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Last edited by bellamy_morello at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by szekelymihai
that stupid. you cant guess that man is jewish just by looking at his face. or can you...?

Penny,Imagination,Use it.

I kid
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
im jewish and i see nothing wrong with called it a christmas tree after all thats what it is. we dont use trees to celebrate, we light candles cause we enjoy being pyros

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by ChucklesMginty
You're all religion haters until there are presents and turkey are involved.

But seriously..

In Soviet Russia, we celebrate the new year. It's pretty much the exact same thing, but without Baby Jesus, even though the date is counted from the year Jesus was born.
I don't know where the hell this shit is happening. =/ Never heard of such a thing besides people complaining on the internet.
My brothers preschool class wasn't allowed to have any kind of Halloween related event because of one kids douchebag parents.
Political correctness is something I find extremely stoopid.

You use the word 'people'.

**** the people.
I love presence.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
its all because (especially here in the UK) we've got all these ****ing immigrants everywhere. just tell them to **** right back hwere they came from if they're offended. bastards.
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
Holiday Trees offend me. Seeing as Jews light candles, and not trees, what the hell do we need joint custody of your damn tree for?
Just another thing for people to bitch about.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
I refer to it as 'Xmas' because I find Futurama to be much better than Christianity.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
You're all religion haters until there are presents and turkey are involved.

But seriously..

My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
So we're supposed to take a holiday that is essentially based on a religious event (of course, the details have been messed up over the centuries and the focus seems to have shifted, but the point remains) and start renaming things because it isn't inclusive of other beliefs?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by --ESTRANGED--
its all because (especially here in the UK) we've got all these ****ing immigrants everywhere. just tell them to **** right back hwere they came from if they're offended. bastards.
No one's offended!!!!!!!

All this 'political correctness GONE MAD' shit is right-wing media propaganda to convince Middle England (or Wales ) that we're being overrun by gypsys and Arabs. Actually watch interviews with the representative of the Secular Society, he says that all this stuff about 'banning Christmas' because it offends people of other faiths is rubbish, it's just blown out of proportion by journalists to make you buy more of the Daily Mail.
Last edited by rigiddigits at Nov 10, 2009,
The War on Christmas is made up. The amount of people that actually give a shit is freakishly tiny. It's been blown out of proportion by local news stations who have nothing else to report during the holiday season.
Quote by Craigo
It's called a figment of your imagination.

Seriously.

* (anus)
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Nov 10, 2009,
What happend to just take 1 day of the year to spend time whit loved ones and put all BS differences aside,**** the presents.. Presents are for kids only ..
Quote by KingJak236

Quote by Kensai
well you move to a majority christian country put up and shut up or GTFO

the uk has a habbit for trying to hard to be politicaly correct end of the day they have to beg for everyones votes really does my head in
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Quote by --ESTRANGED--

You sir are correct.

We've already lost our British stamp that has the image of Jesus on it.

Our Bible is cast out to the 'top' shelf in libraries also so Muslims are not offended.

It sickens me what Britain is becoming as a result of islamification and colonization.

I'm not even religious, it is the principle that another religion can suppress anothers religion in a country that ultimately is not bloody theirs!
Quote by BrashPersona

You sir are correct.

Our Bible is cast out to the 'top' shelf in libraries also so Muslims are not offended.

It sickens me what Britain is becoming as a result of islamification and colonization.

I'm not even religious, it is the principle that another religion can suppress anothers religion in a country that ultimately is not bloody theirs!

+1

i dont mind what creed they go bye aslong as they dont impose it on where they have moved to thats just being disrespectful
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
ITT: Hate. Wow.

There's a remarkably tiny handful of people who actually complain about this stuff. A whole lot more ignore it, and even more than that live in constant fear that the arguments they've made up in their heads will come down on them (they won't).

Now me, I can't stand Christmas, and I wouldn't be sad if it all... went away. But if you tell me "Merry Christmas" as I'm leaving Wal-Mart, I'll smile and say "you too."

SHEdit: for Craigo and the dancing horse head.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by rigiddigits
All this 'political correctness GONE MAD' shit is right-wing media propaganda
Nah.
Quote by rigiddigits
it's just blown out of proportion by journalists to make you buy more of the Daily Mail.
Yeah.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by BrashPersona

You sir are correct.

First of all, lol for getting all up in arms about colonisation when what do you think the British Empire was built on?!

Explain to me why it's any more 'yours' because you happened to be born here. Islam is for the most part not suppressing anything. It's just spin to sell tabloids and gain votes for minority parties, it's all ultimately about getting your money. They're not telling you facts about it. Stop bloody listening to Nick Griffin. If you're so concerned with how religion is affecting our way of life then you ought to be championing secularisation rather than wasting your energy hating one particular religion.
Quote by ryand111
+1

i dont mind what creed they go bye aslong as they dont impose it on where they have moved to thats just being disrespectful

+1 to you also Sir.
Quote by ryand111
+1

of, resembling, or containing iron
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by rigiddigits
First of all, lol for getting all up in arms about colonisation when what do you think the British Empire was built on?!

Explain to me why it's any more 'yours' because you happened to be born here. Islam is for the most part not suppressing anything. It's just spin to sell tabloids and gain votes for minority parties, it's all ultimately about getting your money. They're not telling you facts about it. Stop bloody listening to Nick Griffin. If you're so concerned with how religion is affecting our way of life then you ought to be championing secularisation rather than wasting your energy hating one particular religion.

The British Empire is the best thing the world has ever witnessed of the human race. It's such a shame so much land and law was given away.

I used the word ultimately loosely as what I was grasping was not exactly true to everyone and only a half painted picture of what I was portraying.

How do you know I was born in the UK. I could be a French migrant.

I don't mind religion, but seriously there is a problem with it, more so with Islam and Muslims.

It's not working.

I'm not a hater. I like to think of myself as a rookie understander of other peoples downfalls. Especially those of my countrymen's ethos.

All history cast aside, I still think 'outsider' religion in another peoples country is wrong. It's just wrong.
Quote by BrashPersona

Like Christianity and Paganism you mean?
Page 1 of 3