I have an epiphone sg special and i'm about to get an epiphone les paul junior. The sg isn't a bad guitar but what i really want right now is a jackson. I was thinking of trying to trade both my guitars for a jackson king v or a JS30RR Rhoads. Would a guitar store or anyone with a jackson king v actually accept this trade? The sg special is brand new but i don't know what condition the les paul junior is in.

This is the jackson i'm trying to get:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-JS30RR-Rhoads-Electric-Guitar-868296-i1445400.gc
could could try to trade one of the guitars for it. i don't know about both. If you are just about to get a Les Paul, why not just get a Jackson?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I would've thought that two decent guitars would be an okay trade for a higher quality Jackson than one of the JS series'... Maybe the RX10D Rhoads?

EDIT: Although, I have no knowledge of the guitars you speak of, so maybe a JS series would be fine
I think for both of those guitars you could get a better Jackson than that
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
I could get a higher quality one? Thanks that's good to know...i'm just used to trying to sell my stuff at stores and getting BS offers at less than half value.

What kind of price range could i look at you think?
You'd be better off trying to sell your guitars privately for a decent price than going into a shop and them giving you a crappy price for it. You should be able to get a fair amount of money that way, with a little more on top you could get a relatively high quality Jackson, especially if you go used
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
You could just trade in the SG and pay the rest... But honestly, the second you take home a guitar it loses an arse load of it's value, like a car, it is no longer considered "new" but used. But then again, if it's used, then that means it's much cheaper than if I wanted to buy a new one.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
You'd be better off trying to sell your guitars privately for a decent price than going into a shop and them giving you a crappy price for it. You should be able to get a fair amount of money that way, with a little more on top you could get a relatively high quality Jackson, especially if you go used

Exactly! Shops will offer crappy prices, although if you wanted to you could still go in with an asking price (make it high & hopefully they won't give such a crap price) & see what they offer.
But if you do that still advertise for a while more privately & by the end of it go with the highest price possible, then hopefully you might be able to afford an RR3... or if not you could save for longer, or get an RX10D Rhoads

EDIT: If you want an alternative for a Jackson Rhoads, you could look towards rondomusic.com, they have a "Reaper" model which is based off the Alexi Laiho sig. but with some slight body modifications.
There are two Custom models & two Standard models, obviously the customs being better than the standards!
Custom: Black Chancery with dot inlays
Black Chancery with cross inlays
Standard: White
Red
Last edited by _-Joey-_ at Nov 10, 2009,