When I play my stratocaster, (only a year old) every few minutes the sound gives out to a quiet, clean tone, and it sometimes fixes when i move around the cord. Why is this and how can I fix it?
Could be an input jack problem too. Try taking that out and check to see if any wires have come loose.
Could be a problem with the hairpin velociraptidator.
As pixysticks says, probably a problem with the input jack, had this problem myself.
Quote by Nemm
Could be a problem with the hairpin velociraptidator.
As pixysticks says, probably a problem with the input jack, had this problem myself.

Ditto. its happened a total of four times to me since i started playing
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
Quote by ratracekid111
Ditto. its happened a total of four times to me since i started playing

How did you repair it? Replace the input? I was expecting a new amp soon so I didn't even bother to take a look at it, think it's in the attic at the moment, will have to give it a look at sometime haha. Managed to break it during a fight at band prac (yep that band lasted long).

take the jack out and see if both wires are connected.

and dont hand tighten the jack.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
As states above. Crap cable or the input jack wiring.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by jj1565

take the jack out and see if both wires are connected.

and dont hand tighten the jack.

I got similar problem as OP, I did this ^ and my black wire isn't connected. How does it cost to repair?
Quote by suicidemouseavi
I got similar problem as OP, I did this ^ and my black wire isn't connected. How does it cost to repair?

if you go to radio shack and buy a soldering iron kit for about $15 (ask the guy there, make sure you get a little solder in the kit)

then take it home, look at the instructions.

in a few minutes it'll be fixed.

just be careful not to touch the hot iron.

or take it to a small shop and they'll fix it for closer to $25 bucks, but might hold onto it all week for the honor of ripping you off.

Dont take it to guitar center, they will charge even more and hold onto it even longer.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011