I'm still trying to find one I really like. I tried some Devi Ever pedals, checked out some Dwarfcraft/Fuzzhugger and while they sound pretty good and have a load of personality I found it very hard to use them musically.

I deally I'd like an octave fuzz that can get into sonic mayhem but also be rolled back and subdued. I'd like to look at what my options are. I like the over the top fuzz in some Pumpkins records, and I also like some traditional Jimi style octave fuzz. I want to hear something new and awesome though.
Can't seem to find any online anywhere! how much are they?

What would be ideal for me is something like an FZ-2 but with an octaving function.
All the octave fuzzes I have tried have failed in comparison to simply using a pitch shifter and a modeling fuzz like TS secret.

However, you could replicate this using a pitchshifting pedal and a standard silicon fuzz.
Octave Fuzz isn't the same effect as pitch shifting. It's kind of a weird kazzoo effect and sounds weird on chords.
I'm kind of divided now. I'm not sure whether I want a vintage octave fuzz or a modern gnarly scrambled one. I'm thinking probably modern at this stage.

I just want a Fuzz that makes my guitar sound weird. Scrambling sounds like a totally new kind of distortion in some ways if it's done right.
Jimi Style fuzz? Chicago Iron Octavian. No doubt.

Another one to look at would be a Fulltone Ultimate Octave, which is a Foxx Tone Machine in disguise.

If you want weird scrambled ones....MXR Blue Box, Ampeg Scrambler, or a Catalinbread Heliotrope.

The last one is ridiculous beyond words. I don't even know what it does.

EDIT: BTW, please try not to multi-post so much. Edit your posts.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Nov 11, 2009,
Which Devi Evers did you try, just out of curiosity? And how much are you willing to spend?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Buy an octaver like a whammy then get a big muff. If you want pumpkins fuzz you want a muff.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by stradivari310
Which Devi Evers did you try, just out of curiosity? And how much are you willing to spend?

Pretty much all the octaving ones. The Soda Meiser was the best, but it sucks in when you play harder which makes it very disorientating to use. I don't particularly want a Devi at the moment anyway.

Buy an octaver like a whammy then get a big muff. If you want pumpkins fuzz you want a muff.

I'm looking for the scrambling effect more than the octaving, and I already have a Muff. I'm talking about the crazy over the top octave fuzz used on some of the tracks(I think it was a Fender Blender).

Some kind of Fender Blender clone would work well for me.
Last edited by GURREN LAGANN at Nov 11, 2009,
Quote by Skierinanutshel
or you could get a catalinbread ottava magus and go crazy with the output.

Hmm maybe.

I think I definitely want something with more of a scrambling effect than octaving. Just something to really tear up my signal....
Quote by forsaknazrael
If you've ever heard an Octavia, it's really not a straight up octave up.

I guess I'm looking for an octavia rather than octave up.