I'm currently ampless, and right now I'm in between buying amplitube or something like a valve junior.

I don't plan on gigging or jamming anytime soon, btw.

So GG&A, what's the better choice?
Well really, it depends. Do you have a good set of stereo speakers on your computer?
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
Also is your computer reasonably high spec? I got amplitube a couple of years ago and it would have a delay of 1 or 2 seconds since my computer was so crappy.
Quote by johnmalkin
Also is your computer reasonably high spec? I got amplitube a couple of years ago and it would have a delay of 1 or 2 seconds since my computer was so crappy.

Not only does your computer have to be reasonably highly spec'ed... your audio interface has to have a high transfer rate and should be well constructed. Some interfaces are so shoddy, they have more white noise than signal transfer.

Quote by Mark G
Also consider revalver.

+1. The ReValver is an excellent software modeller that focuses on tube amp. Very good.

What about guitar rig? Not sure about the prices though.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
If you are not strictly playing cleans, do not buy amplitube, use the revalver demo, it is free, so if you are dissatisfied, no loss.

If you are dissatisfied, try the demos of amplitube, particularly amplitube fender for it's cleans, or amplitube hendrix if you like classic marshall and fender sounds.

none of these options are as good as buying a fender super champ or vox ac4. I don't know why you're considering a valve junior.
I'd say that my computer is pretty well off.
I'd be playing some indie stuff, and also some stuff like Rush.

I'll take a look at some of those other programs
Do you have a good audio interface?

If not dont waste your time untill you get one. (They are piss cheap now.
Vjr doesn't have any FX or distortion tones to speak of. Line 6 Pod Studio will give you an interface and a full setup of amps and FX. Plus you won't have any latency worries.
Unless you have a good audio interface, you'll suffer from bad latency, pops, clicks. The line 6 pods that you can use as an audio interface would be a good option for you. You get an audio interface and all the vst amp models they offer.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3