Hey guys

I'm getting the RBX375 by Yamaha for christmas, and i hear that there is a problem with it being a shorter scale than most 5'ers. What gague strings should i put on there, just to be safe?

Cheers.
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375
Normal is fine, EBMM Ray's have the same issue, standard gauge strings will be fine
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
low b at 130 or 125 would be more normal gauge.
Fender 5 String Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Peavey TNT 115
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
Daneletro Cool Cat OD V2 (excellent pedal)
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V845 Classic Wah Pedal
Also, keep in mind the sound difference.

Bigger strings sound... bigger
Quote by LordBishek
Vibrators, Schmibrators. They can't ignore my girth.
Your RBX375 is not a shorter scale than many other five-string basses. It is a standard 34" scale bass. Several five-string basses have a 35" scale to put more tension on the low "B" string. I have an RBX375 and it works just fine with its 34" scale.
A new set of strings can do wonders for a bass. If the old set have been on for a while, the sound they produce will be dull and lifeless. Old strings can be the cause of fret buzz and intonation problems, and in a worse-case scenario could snap during performance.

How long a string takes to become ‘old’ depends on several factors: how much it is played, whether it is wiped down after use, and even how corrosive the perspiration of the player. Top players may change their strings nightly; only fresh strings give them the sound they want, whilst a bass that spends very little time in use - perhaps avoiding gig situations – will be fine for months or years.
^reported
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think