I cannot do it.

I want make a melody in the Key of C minor. I kinda in the process of maing a metal song and I have a chord progression that sounds nice, but I want a melody on top of that and I just can't.

I play around with the C minor scale and I can't do it. It might be because of my lack of knowledge about scales. Maybe.

I just want to know if their's something I should know or just to keep screwing around and hope to find something good?
If you want versatility as a guitarist, you will need stronger knowledge of theory. If you don't dedicate time to learning about music, you'll have to stick with screwing around until something sounds good.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
I don't want to keep screwing around on the guitar to make a good song.

I have the article on guitar theory that on this site, but i still dont get how to create melodies.
theres no real set way to do it. just find the notes of the scale, and just play what comes natural to you. eventually, youll find something you like and itll stick. i use to have this problem a bit back, but after playing around, you start getting ideas. Also, another thing i saw that helped my melody making was actually listening to other people. i use to just come up with riffs, not melodies. but after just jamming around, listening to my keyboardist, i eventually started coming up with melodies. pretty much, just give it a bit of time itll start to come to you
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by Blckspawn
I don't want to keep screwing around on the guitar to make a good song.

I have the article on guitar theory that on this site, but i still dont get how to create melodies.

You will not learn music theory in one article on this site. It takes lots of practice and instruction to understand and master melodies on the guitar.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.