I just got my BMP USA and I want to switch out the 3.5mm jack for a standard 2.1mm inside barrel plug. I opened it up and noticed I have two hot (red) wires going to the board and the battery snap and one black which goes to the board. Do the two reds just get soldered together on the sleeve of the barrel plug? I'm pretty sure that's right I just want to hear it from someone who knows first.

Edit: I realized that the second wire is not in the circuit when the plug is in... So what should I do? I don't plan on using the battery, ever, so should I just leave that part permanently out or permanently in the circuit?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Nov 10, 2009,
For the record I just left the battery snap's positive lead loose. I can't use batteries now, but it works.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
^thats what I would have suggested if I saw this thread earlier..

most jacks have 2 '+' terminals, and one '-', but if yours only has the one positive terminal and you'll never use batteries, what you're doing works just fine

I'm sure you know that already.. just acknowledging it
Quote by james4
^thats what I would have suggested if I saw this thread earlier..

most jacks have 2 '+' terminals, and one '-', but if yours only has the one positive terminal and you'll never use batteries, what you're doing works just fine

I'm sure you know that already.. just acknowledging it

Yup... I took pics last night when I did this so I may edit my OP and make this a tutorial... Though its pretty damn simple, but I know people will want to do this.

Funny thing, though, I got it all finished and it didn't work. Couldn't figure out why. Finally I realised; the jack I was using was all metal and mounted on the chassis of the muff. I was shorting the power to ground before it even left the jack. A foot of electrical tape later...

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!