So I've started to delve into some fun acoustic stuff lately, stuff like Chet Atkins where the guitar is the only instrument and it simultaneously provides rhythm and lead, and often percussion with accented muted lower notes. Anyway, some of the coolest stuff involves moving basslines. The biggest joy from playing in this style is being able to adapt it, but making moving basslines is really difficult for me, in terms of both what notes should go in the bass and how to finger them. Any advice would be cool!
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
Can you give some tab examples? That will make it easier for me to visualize what exactly you are asking...

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
The best thing I can think of Chet Atkin's "Mister Sandman." See, what I'm looking for isn't really in a specific song, its more just the general kind of Travis picking style.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/c/chet_atkins/mister_sandman_tab.htm

The Guitar Pro version is better, but yeah.
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
Okay, I see what you are looking for. As far as learning to play music like that, I typically work the rhythm of the bassline and the "melody" apart. I find that once I internalize one or the other, the other part becomes easier to play. As far as fingerings, most of the music I play like that uses jazz comps that move up and down the fretboard. Similar patterns and the 6th string is nearly always the string the bassnote is played on. For those forms, I use my thumb to barre the 6th string, but that is not much help in those cases. Unfortunately, all I can help you with there is to say play with it until you find a comfortable fingering that isn't to difficult to get into.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.