Alright folks.

Never been in the Pit before strangely, very nice it is though. Onto business...

I have a techy question regarding hooking a xbox 360 to my pc monitor & speakers.

Basically I want an xbox in my room. I have a Samsung T220 monitor which has a dvi input and a d-sub/vga input. My pc is running through the dvi and I intend to hook the console to the vga using the microsoft vga cable. No problems so far.

The problems come when I start thinking about where the sound is going to come from. I know the xbox vga cable that I would use to connect to my monitor has the red and white phono leads attached, but I have no where to put them. My speakers are logitech X-530's.

I have since seen an adaptor which turns the red/white phono leads into a single 3.5mm jack which presumably I could put into the line in slot on my soundcard - is this my best bet? If so - is the sound going to be a bit crap?
TC Ellis Custom Series 2
Gibson Les Paul Studio Platinum edition

Korg Pitchblack, Vox V847 wah
Blackstar HT40
The adapter you mentioned is what you need. I doubt the sound will be bad enough that you'll care to much about it.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
The adapter you mentioned is what you need. I doubt the sound will be bad enough that you'll care to much about it.

thanks a lot, cheers.

And sorry about wrong thread...
TC Ellis Custom Series 2
Gibson Les Paul Studio Platinum edition

Korg Pitchblack, Vox V847 wah
Blackstar HT40
Quote by jake_the_pake

I intend to hook the console to the vga using the microsoft vga cable.

I didn't know Microsoft made vagina cables!

icwutudidthar
Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.