Well, i've decided that i will buy Schecter's Damien 6 FR, but I haven't decided my new amp...so, I come here to Ultimate guitar to ask about it.

Since i bought my first guitar I wanted an spider IV since it has too much effects for one person, but then i started to worry about the spider sounding too damn digital, so i searched for other amps.

Yesterday I went to my local music store and found this Fender Front man 65R DSP. I really liked it, it didn't sound as digital as the spider and it had many amp models too.

I was wondering which of the two I should buy. In one hand i have an extraordinary pit of simultaneous FXs, while in the other I have a decent number of effects and distortion.
I have noticed a very smooth auto-wah like effect in Spider IV's cleans, while in Fender I hear the cleans crystal clear. Spider's overdrive sounds a bit too digital to me, but it has way more distortion than Fender's.

By the way, I don't have my Schecter. I still have my crappy Yamaha.Mostly, I play rock, metal and stuff i need to play for my band(weird cold play/radio head). I don't know if that should influence my decision, but i added the info either ways.

After all that, I still haven't decided which to buy, so I ask you UGers, which of the two amps I should buy?
i have a spider II and its not as bad as people say. you just gotta find ur own sound rather than use the presets. ive played some of the smaller frontmans (never tried a bigger one) and they are pretty bad. id go with the spider.

also, i dont think vs threads are allowed but odk about this case....
Vs thread and in the wrong forum ... Reported
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru

Bit harsh bruah.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Thanks for your suggestion guns_rosesldb.
BTW I didn't know that deciding between amps was a sin...
P.S. If this is the wrong forum, then were in this forums should I ask what amp is better?Why is posting a VS question wrong?
He joined 12 months ago, he should know the rules by now ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Fender
/thread

But seriously you should get the Fender I find spiders to be too digital sounding, and you won't hear any difference between between your Yamaha and your Schecter through it, but Fender amps always have good cleans and real distortion. I dont think you should worry too much about effects, because you'll probably get it and never really use them that often, mainly because built-in effects on amps don't sound very good.
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
Quote by Tatsumaru
He joined 12 months ago, he should know the rules by now ...

Says the kid who's 10th birthday is in two weeks..
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by ironmaiden_98
Fender
/thread

But seriously you should get the Fender I find spiders to be too digital sounding, and you won't hear any difference between between your Yamaha and your Schecter through it, but Fender amps always have good cleans and real distortion. I dont think you should worry too much about effects, because you'll probably get it and never really use them that often, mainly because built-in effects on amps don't sound very good.

the fender is a dsp (fx) amp.

ts like said, this belongs in the gear section.

and i suggest you check out roland cube series
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by danielflasher95
Thanks for your suggestion guns_rosesldb.
BTW I didn't know that deciding between amps was a sin...
P.S. If this is the wrong forum, then were in this forums should I ask what amp is better?Why is posting a VS question wrong?

Post in the gear and accessories forum ...

Mods decided vs threads arnt allowed ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka

You could also look into the Fender Super Champ XD. All tube, has presets and it takes pedals very well. It goes for $299.99, so you probably may need to save.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Thanks again! I think I'll try the cube series too,jj1565.
I hardly ever use the forum or read threads, thats why Im not very familiar with the forum rules...thanks anyways.
I cant believe nobodys really recoomended them. Check out the Peavey Vypyr. They are great modeling amps, and the 15 watt is only $100. Not sure about prices on the other models but they are around the same as Line 6 and I think they sound a ton better.
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Says the kid who's 10th birthday is in two weeks..

It sure is /sarcasm
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka

Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
You could also look into the Fender Super Champ XD. All tube, has presets and it takes pedals very well. It goes for $299.99, so you probably may need to save.

Nah, money isn't a problem..it was mainly what amp to decide...thanks for the advice.
P.S. I shouldn't post in this thread anymore, as Tatsumaru said, its not in the right forum section.
dont worry, a mod can move the thread if he wants. everyone makes mistakes.

but like said, also check out the peavey, and if you like Vox amps, check out those moddlers too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

ok, i think ive had enough suggestions for today...tomorrow ill go to the store and check out peavys, voxs and the rolands, thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll make sure I post in the right section next time!
Neither, i had the Spider 3 and it was just crap. Sometimes you may be able to get decent cleans but thats where it ends. The same goes for the fender only it's distortion channel is even worse.

How much cash do you have to blow?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Peavey Vyper hands down. The Line 6 Spider, Marshall MG, and Fender Frontman are generally known as the worst, most overpriced modelling/starter amps out there.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Those amps... not so good.

Check the Peavey Vypyr or Vox Valvetronix. Not great, but better than those choices. For your level of playing, they should be fine.
Quote by Tatsumaru

What would we do without Tatsumaru?
Quote by Faux~Affliction
Peavey Vyper hands down. The Line 6 Spider, Marshall MG, and Fender Frontman are generally known as the worst, most overpriced modelling/starter amps out there.

Pretty much.

Quote by CL/\SH
What would we do without Tatsumaru?

I dunno, not have a mod suck up around?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Checked almost all of the amps you suggested today(didn't have a chance to play the roland cube), I was impressed by the Vypyr and the Valvetronix. The vypyr was way too good! Up to 5 effects simultaneously was just awesome. The valvetronix was good but not as good as the Vypyr...think I already decided my amp....
Did you already buy the Schecter? Vyper would be a decent choice out of the ones listed but if you save a little money on the guitar you could get a much nicer amp for a little more. Just a thought.
I hate my sig
Well, I don´t have that much money(up to 1000$), that's why I decided the Schecter. I will not buy it 'till Christmas, but I wanted to plan my gear since November...If I bought a bit cheaper guitar, lets say an Omen or an RG350EX/DX, what could be a "nicer" decision for the amp?

P.S. If a mod could move this thread to the right section, I would really appreciate it.
What guitar do you have right now? Sometimes it's better to just get a good amp now, and then get a better guitar later.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Quote by danielflasher95
Well, I don´t have that much money(up to 1000$), that's why I decided the Schecter. I will not buy it 'till Christmas, but I wanted to plan my gear since November...If I bought a bit cheaper guitar, lets say an Omen or an RG350EX/DX, what could be a "nicer" decision for the amp?

P.S. If a mod could move this thread to the right section, I would really appreciate it.

it was already moved.

imo, you get the amp first. get something that will make the new guitar sing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
it was already moved.

Really?, didn't notice that...i woke up a bit distracted today...
to Shiromar: My current guitar is a( for my taste) freakin' crappy Yamaha ERG121C Gigmaker