About a year and a half ago I bought a Ernie Ball John Petrucci 7 string model. I had the store set the action low because I find that more comfortable. It has been great ever since until recently. I picked up my guitar 2 days ago and all of the strings were buzzing at the lower frets to the point where they would not sound a note. Everything seemed good up above the 12th fret. I made a small adjustment to the tension spring claw for the bridge the last time I changed the strings. I do not know what is causing this problem. I recently moved to a more humid environment, I don't know if this could have anything to do with it. Somebody please help!!!
What type of bridge is it?
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
It's the one that came stock on the guitar. It's a floating non-locking with pretty standard string saddles.
i dunno it might be the strings, it might be the tension. is the action noticeably different?
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
I used the same strings. Ernie ball 7 string set 10-56. The action was low to start, with a light buzz. But this was just dead notes pretty much every fret above the 12th.
Above as in 13 or as in 11? It might be the truss rod.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
It could be the strings getting old, or, more likely, the neck has moved because of the humidity. You can either adjust it yourself (you should know what you're doing) or take it in to get it set up again.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Would the difference in humidity from California to Oklahoma really make that much of a change in the truss rod? It's a 5 bolt, bolt-on neck. The only way to adjust the truss is take off the neck. How much should it be adjusted?