Okay, i've been playing guitar for a while. I Know almost everything about the build of a guitar. But I'd be darned if I could figure out why I can't play the 21st fret on my acoustic. It just comes out as a muted "ping". Any answers to why this is?
Thank god for the oldies rock. 60's 70's and 80's, man!
if the neck isn't straight then certain notes wont ring out. it could also be a problem with the fret or strings...what guitar is this that your talking about? honestly ive never heard of a 21 fret acoustic before
i have a silvertone SD 3000 pro series acoustic
Thank god for the oldies rock. 60's 70's and 80's, man!
Well, from pictures it looks like that only have 18 frets.
And, it looks like it'd be pretty hard to reach after the 16th fret
SD3000 pro only has 20 frets. Not 21. It looks like 21 because the neck continues after the 20th fret bar, but there is not 21st fret bar. Therefore, no 21st fret.

Quote by Nevermind1299
Well, from pictures it looks like that only have 18 frets.
And, it looks like it'd be pretty hard to reach after the 16th fret

Learn to count.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Nevermind1299
Eh, whatever, I didn't even look at it that hard

It's all good. Everyone messes up sooner or later
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
As said above "it looks quite hard to reach higher frets", this combined with maybe not enough strength in your fretting hand yet, may be whats causing the "ping"

4gedit: an also as said above, if their is no 21st fret, you cannot play it and are pressing down on required yet leftover, neck of the guitar which does not produce notes.
-no sig-
Last edited by Al4Project at Nov 11, 2009,
Why would you need the very last fret anyways? It's just like the first fret, It not really used alot.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by vinnie-watt5
Why would you need the very last fret anyways? It's just like the first fret, It not really used alot.

I use my first fret a lot. Whenever I play a solo or a riff or something I move around the guitar as much as I can. I don't just play horizontally or vertically, I just play in key and a lot of what I write is in F. It really depends on what you play.
Quote by Geldin
If the thread title is a reference to Susie Q, kudos!
█████████████████████████