http://rawstory.com/2009/11/we-entered-peak-oil-iea-source-reportedly-claims/

"We have [already] entered the 'peak oil' zone," an unnamed former IEA official told British newspaper The Guardian. "I think that the situation is really bad."

A second whistleblower reportedly claimed that the IEA's current figures are inflated due to pressure from the United States and a pervasive fear that the announcement of falling oil output in the future could cause markets to respond with panic.

Discuss.
That sucks.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
we haven't. that guy is wrong and stupid.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Uh-oh...
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
sounds like another scam to jump oil prices.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6

I haven't read TS's link but saying we have peaked in oil production is no scam. If we haven't peaked we are within a decade of peaking. I thought this was common knowledge.

also I have a feeling a few people in this thread don't understand what "peaking" means.

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil
Last edited by Masamune at Nov 10, 2009,
that's a load of bollocks, the capitalists are well aware that oil does not follow regular supply and demand curves and will only increase in price due to diminishing resources and increasing demanding
the price of ol will increase for the bext 59 off years
the worlds ****ed anyway. whats it matter?

my opinion.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Fenderhippie69
the worlds ****ed anyway. whats it matter?

my opinion.

I'm quite comfortable with existence over the other option, thank you very much. I'd like to keep myself in this state as long as I can; therefore, a worldwide panic and possible anarchy would be very detrimental to said existence.
Quote by Masamune
I haven't read TS's link but saying we have peaked in oil production is no scam. If we haven't peaked we are within a decade of peaking. I thought this was common knowledge.

also I have a feeling a few people in this thread don't understand what "peaking" means.

It's when you really trip balls.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Masamune

yes its on the way to peak, but hasnt, and if it had at this point, the peak was about 8 years ago if u look at graphs(i think its 8, in that range) we have used less oil ever since, (we talked about it last yr in geology class)

oil companys r taking any chance they can to get oil prices to hike up the last year now, they purposefully close down production, to make supply lower, to raise the price.

supply and demand is bullshit in the oil market, its really, set the supply so its too low for demand so the oil prices stay high.

here in canada our oil prices are at about 95c/L, while we have enough oil to supply our country for hundreds of years, supply and demand? not at all.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Masamune

I had an idea, but just thought the article was speaking of Britain. Clearly, that is not the case anymore.

There's still tonnes of oil though, doesn't mean we're screwed. It's just not a good thing the amount of oil will only be going down. Although, we still haven't even touched the big oil depost underneath most of Saskatchewan
Quote by archangels666
I'm quite comfortable with existence over the other option, thank you very much. I'd like to keep myself in this state as long as I can; therefore, a worldwide panic and possible anarchy would be very detrimental to said existence.

You like Michigan?

I enjoy existence most of the time too I just don't care if world wide panic and anarchy would happen. Its out of my control and I think its just a matter of time before it happens. Why worry about it?
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by archangels666
You heard it here, folks. From the source of all knowledge himself.

damn right
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Gneh. There are a lot of ways around the extinction of oil. It just costs a lot of money and no one's really all that desperate enough to do it yet.

I don't really have any fears about it. As soon as it goes, governments and, well, generally everyone, will be so annoyed about having to go back to the 'inconvienient' way of life that all the alternate sources of oil n' electricity will pop up all over. That, or only select few individuals will have it, and that leads to an almost immediate - and well needed - revolution, which will be made quite easily possible considering the immediate space/time expansion from lack of CCTV, intelligence, motors, electronics etc. etc. that have denied any real ability to do so at present. Or perhaps we will all become even more repressed due to particular uses of the remaining oil that's left.

So long as there's still sex, music, and alcohol, I don't really care.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Last edited by Talonwolf at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by Carlos Again
so when do the riots start?

i laugh at how ur comments are so wannabe kensai, kinda sad actually

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by Talonwolf
Gneh. There are a lot of ways around the extinction of oil. It just costs a lot of money and no one's really all that desperate enough to do it yet.

I don't really have any fears about it. As soon as it goes, governments and, well, generally everyone, will be so annoyed about having to go back to the 'inconvienient' way of life that all the alternate sources of oil n' electricity will pop up all over. That, or only select few individuals will have it, and that leads to an almost immediate - and well needed - revolution, which will be made quite easily possible considering the immediate space/time expansion from lack of CCTV, intelligence, motors, electronics etc. etc. that have denied any real ability to do so at present. Or perhaps we will all become even more repressed due to particular uses of the remaining oil that's left.

that was beautiful
Quote by JimmyBanks6

are you serious dude? yes, i really want to impersonate that guy who posts on these forums. you are sad to even think that way.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

This.
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Quote by Talonwolf

Anyway, it seems like the jury is still out on this one, and it's hard to know who to side with. Check this article from Scientific American if you're interested in an argument that oil WON'T peak in the next few years (or has already) http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=squeezing-more-oil-edit-this

Basically he's saying that new technologies will provide ways to extract more oil from current fields - that by 2030, 50% of known oil will be recoverable, up from the current 35%.

Seems plausible enough to me
Quote by archangels666
You heard it here, folks. From the source of all knowledge himself.

i lold heartily
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
I like the unrelated picture of a flaming oil rig. It does a good job helping to instill fear.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Who would want to act like a Swedish person on the internet.
Quote by Zoot Allures
an unnamed former IEA official
A second whistleblower reportedly claimed

End of discussion
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by JimmyBanks6

here in canada our oil prices are at about 95c/L, while we have enough oil to supply our country for hundreds of years, supply and demand? not at all.

I think here in Canada we have a buy now and tap later attitude. If we can support ourselves for years with our oil why not buy others (Middle Eastern, South America) while its cheap and keep an oil reserve for after peak oil drops we have tonnes of oil safeguarded. Then the American Troops come in and invade Toronto, Ottawa, and Vancouver. They will say they we have wepons of mass destruction lol...
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Quote by James_Water2
I think here in Canada we have a buy now and tap later attitude. If we can support ourselves for years with our oil why not buy others (Middle Eastern, South America) while its cheap and keep an oil reserve for after peak oil drops we have tonnes of oil safeguarded. Then the American Troops come in and invade Toronto, Ottawa, and Vancouver. They will say they we have wepons of mass destruction lol...

How did you figure out our top secret plans
Quote by darkcheef
How did you figure out our top secret plans

Its America... war is what you do.

War is as American as Apple Pie, baseball, McDonalds, Walmart, Snuggies, and fat asses on motorized scooters.
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Dude, we havent even come close to using up all the oil on the Earth, the oil reserves in Alaska are larger than all the other known oil reserves combined. Plus the reserves in the gluf, which is about as big as the one in Alaska. And we cant touch them, why, government, those oil reserves are about the only real assets we have to back up our montary system.

I say we should figure out how to run our cars off salt, theres so freaken much of it in those salt plums up north. If anybody here watches the discovery channel you'll know what I'm talking about.
Greate. I get to learn to drive next year and I'll have to have a f*cking pedal car.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by James_Water2
Its America... war is what you do.

War is as American as Apple Pie, baseball, McDonalds, Walmart, Snuggies, and fat asses on motorized scooters.

Where is football, diabetes, heart attack, hippies, high school dropouts, Chick-Fil-A, and fireworks?
The "peak oil" crisis is really no crisis at all.

The middle eastern oil monopolies accidently cut supply too much jacking up oil prices. Thus, everyone thinks we have an immediate oil shortage. Really, we have enough oil to last decades if not centuries.

The real crisis is having to rely on instable foreign countries for oil.
Last edited by silepnt letters at Nov 11, 2009,