witch is true?
Quote by N@Dog
sup guys

i've herd a few things about the 'fine tuners' on the floyd rose bridges

1: there for 'fine tuning'
2: there actually for 'intonation' and not tuning

witch is true?

Door number 1... fine tuning.

After you tune your guitar up. You lock the bridge. That act of locking will pull the strings out of tune (either sharp or flat). The fine tuners are there to bring the locked strings back into tune.

Also over a long period of time, your stings will move out of tune slightly due to various factors such as environment, temperature, settling of strings etc etc. The fine tuners allow you to make minute adjustments without unlocking the locking nuts (which will affect the tuning even more).

/thread
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Nov 10, 2009,
They're for fine tuning. What a surprise.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by ragingkitty
Door number 1... fine tuning.

After you tune your guitar up. You lock the bridge. That act of locking will pull the strings out of tune (either sharp or flat). The fine tuners are there to bring the locked strings back into tune.

Also over a long period of time, your stings will move out of tune slightly due to various factors such as environment, temperature, settling of strings etc etc. The fine tuners allow you to make minute adjustments without unlocking the locking nuts (which will affect the tuning even more).

/thread

This. All of it.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
yea thats what i thought, and for the past 5 years that's what i've been doing, but recently i herd its for intonation i'm like, wtf, but wanted to be sure. cheers dude. btw i know how to use floyd trem and what its for, i just wanted to clarify my question.
Quote by N@Dog
yea thats what i thought, and for the past 5 years that's what i've been doing, but recently i herd its for intonation i'm like, wtf, but wanted to be sure. cheers dude. btw i know how to use floyd trem and what its for, i just wanted to clarify my question.

s'ok...

there is a lot of misinformation out there on the interwebz...

you'll need The Tool to adjust the intonation on a Flyod Rose (not sure if it'll work on a licensed tho). I'm not sure how the screw driver method works tho.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.