Page 1 of 2
I got fired today for bullshit reasons basically they said i stole and vandalized store property. They wanted me to tell on the person that actually did it, but I wasn't going to rat out another employee like that. So I was fired for 'just cause'. I'm pissed because I did nothing wrong.

So pit, have any of you been fired before and what was the reason?
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
I got fired from a job once. A bunch of money went missing, and my dumb ass didn't say what I knew about it.
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
nah brah im a hard worker, employees compliment me alot, for serious
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Yeah bullshit story. I left without giving a full 2 weeks notice. On my record its considered position abandonment.

edit: Maritimes bb.
Fuck rights, I believe in something... even a guy like Merlin you know?
Last edited by tfo//t at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by xaviergray
Why would you value the other employee's projected image of false honesty over your own job?

Agreed.
Quote by xaviergray
Why would you value the other employee's projected image of false honesty over your own job?

It's still retarded that you can get fired for that.

I've never had a job.
I got fired from the airport for BS reasons. It was going downhill anyway though, the company I mean. Having to do too much stuff.
Even i'm not that nice, seriously unless he is your good friend you shouldn't have to take the blame for some stranger who is stealing and trashing the place and then gets paid for it. I'm a pretty loyal guy but i'd rat that ****er out in a second.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
i've not been fired but i've been told nicely that there weren't any positions available when i went back looking for a part time slot at christmas. fair shout, i did nothing useful there anyway
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by xaviergray

I am not the type of person to go and rat out someone.
I gave free food to my friend who happened to be stealing money so they fired both of us. I didn't want to work at McDonalds anyway haha.
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
When I was 18 and just out of school, I briefly worked at the zoo (Apprentice gardener).
In the month I worked there I...

- Arrived late almost every day (trains)
- Left early without telling anyone (to catch earlier trains)
- Drank during my lunch break
- Tried to pick up a teenage schoolgirl, her teacher found out and complained
- Never attended the weekly trade school classes I was suppose to go to
- Took two days off without calling in sick

Looking back I can't believe I lasted a month, but at the time I was actually surprised when they fired me.
Last edited by GoldenBlues at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by GoldenBlues
When I was 18 and just out of school, I briefly worked at the zoo (Apprentice gardener).
In the month I worked there I...

- Arrived late almost every day (trains)
- Left early without telling anyone (to catch earlier trains)
- Drank during my lunch break
- Tried to pick up a teenage schoolgirl, her teacher found out and complained
- Never attended the weekly trade school classes I was suppose to go to
- Took two days of without calling in sick

Looking back I can't believe I lasted a month but at the time I was actually surprised when they fired me.

hahhahah nice
Quote by tarlkea
I am not the type of person to go and rat out someone.

Then you really shouldn't be complaining about the result.
Quote by tarlkea
I got fired today for bullshit reasons basically they said i stole and vandalized store property. They wanted me to tell on the person that actually did it, but I wasn't going to rat out another employee like that. So I was fired for 'just cause'. I'm pissed because I did nothing wrong.

So, wait, this could of all been avoided if you weren't an idiot and said who committed the offenses? Stop complaining then, you had your chance and you chose not to take it, it's your fault.
I finally got fired from a movie theater when I was 16 after 5 months a ****ing around and breaking the rules. I should have been fired a lot sooner but the company needed me. I was the best employee there.
Quote by Alex Vik
So, wait, this could of all been avoided if you weren't an idiot and said who committed the offenses? Stop complaining then, you had your chance and you chose not to take it, it's your fault.

Exactly, its not like he was ratting out Jesus or something. It was just a prick who stole and vandalized while getting paid for it too.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
If I ratted out the employee, there would have been repercussions, his mother works for the same company and she has more 'pull' in the company than I do
Quote by tarlkea
If I ratted out the employee, there would have been repercussions, his mother works for the same company and she has more 'pull' in the company than I do

Manipulation my friend.

If you think about it, you would have came out on top with the right words. At least if you told them, you'd still have your job.

The mother should raise her child better, if a child of his age, assuming he's over 16, doesn't know any better...well, he will just have to be taught a lesson. The mother doesn't have any say really..she could just get his job back, it's his own fault, and you shouldn't be held liable for anything.
Quote by tarlkea

What could she possibly do, get you fired? But that happened anyway didn't it. Sorry, but you ****ed up.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
I'venever been fired, but i have fired loads of people... it really sucks because i end up feeling really bad. Also for a few of the it was even worse because i didnt agree with the reasons for their dismissal, but i just did as i was told.
RevaM1ssP1ss
UG E-Vicar
RIP The Rev
One day Yugi will be mine

Schecter Synyster Custom
B.C. Rich KKV Signed By Kerry King
Schecter Gryphon
Ibanez RG240
POD X3 Live
Guitar Research T60R Tube
Line 6 Spider 3 150 Watt
Quote by skaterskagg1
I finally got fired from a movie theater when I was 16 after 5 months a ****ing around and breaking the rules. I should have been fired a lot sooner but the company needed me. I was the best employee there.

umm i dont think you were....
if you were the best employee they wouldnt have fired you they would have fired someone else
Quote by tarlkea
Yeah cuz doing what you did seemed to work out in you favor.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I was a pretty sick employee but they got a new apprentice while I had time off for my exams. So when I called to tell them I was coming back they were like "lolnah." And by that I mean they were like "yeah we're really sorry mate but we just got this new guy".

I was a kitchen hand...with the economic slowdown they had less customers so i would only be working three hours a week lol.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

I've never been fired, but recently my flatmate who worked at the same place as me did, just because she didn't get on with the person she worked with on her side of the showroom.

The other person had been there longer, so couldn't get fired for 'no reason'. My flatmate, however, was a week away from working there for 3 months, and so was legally allowed to be fired for no reason. Shit deal, especially considering the boss made her do 45 minutes over time then phoned her 5 minutes after we left to tell her she was fired. Didn't even have the guts to say it to her face.

Probably for the best, cos if he didn't phone her after we left, I'd have punched him for being a colossal douche (I don't like the person who didn't get fired either).
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Last edited by Talonwolf at Nov 11, 2009,
Quote by Talonwolf
I've never been fired, but recently my flatmate who worked at the same place as me did, just because she didn't get on with the person she worked with on her side of the showroom.

The other person had been there longer, so couldn't get fired for 'no reason'. My flatmate, however, was a week away from working there for 3 months, and so was legally allowed to be fired for no reason. Shit deal, especially considering the boss made her do 45 minutes over time then phoned her 5 minutes after we left to tell her she was fired. Didn't even have the guts to say it to her face.

Probably for the best, cos if he didn't phone her after we left, I'd have punched him for being a colossal douche (I don't like the person who didn't get fired either).

That's tight as ****.
its not a bullshit reason unfortunately if you won't report who is stealing when you do know.

you're considered an accessory to that particular theft until you divulge the information. Personally.. I'd say "**** it" to the retard who enough of a loser to steal from the place that employs him and preserve my own livelihood. does that me a bad person? no. i have rent to pay and a family to support. I'll be ****ing damned if i protect some dumb **** who thinks they can go around and do whatever the hell they want.

sorry. been in some shitty situations in workplaces before. of all which could have been avoided if people would just work instead of being useless.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
its not a bullshit reason unfortunately if you won't report who is stealing when you do know.

you're considered an accessory to that particular theft until you divulge the information. Personally.. I'd say "**** it" to the retard who enough of a loser to steal from the place that employs him and preserve my own livelihood. does that me a bad person? no. i have rent to pay and a family to support. I'll be ****ing damned if i protect some dumb **** who thinks they can go around and do whatever the hell they want.

sorry. been in some shitty situations in workplaces before. of all which could have been avoided if people would just work instead of being useless.

The problem is, he would just tell them I did the things too and his mother would back him up on it since she works for the company as well.
Quote by tarlkea

Quote by DeadWhisper
umm i dont think you were....
if you were the best employee they wouldnt have fired you they would have fired someone else

No, I really was. I had been there the longest and had been fully trained in everything. And they knew that. That's why they were so reluctant to fire me and didn't do it months sooner.
Eh? someone, who you know, damaged your employers possessions and you refused to tell? I wouldn't employ you.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Yeah I have been once. The reason they told me I was fired for 'cause I asked for holidays (and gave 2 weeks notice) which isn't legal as far as I know but I was stoked to get out of the place. Mum would light me on fire if I had quit. The actual reason they fired me was 'cause I hated the job and would have heaps of sickies, or they found out I was lying about having a car crash to get a weekend off..
Quote by EnyoAdonai
Eh? someone, who you know, damaged your employers possessions and you refused to tell? I wouldn't employ you.

Lol there's no anonymity in the place I work at ever, so I don't think it'd be a wise choice to tell regardless.
Quote by tarlkea
Lol there's no anonymity in the place I work at ever, so I don't think it'd be a wise choice to tell regardless.

sucks when there's no trust in a workplace... maybe this was a blessing in disguise?
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
same with me bro about two years ago

I was working for a small town's grocery store/gas station and mainly i attended the pumps, sold cigarrettes and ect. Eventually a huge crime ring began to evolve around me and the employees and some were stealing cigarettes, and this one guy in particular (good friend of mine) came up with this engenius plan.

He realized that the cigarettes that were sent from the store to the gas station were not being inventoried. Therefore it was fine to give a free pack to a friend and maybe take one. Then to further that, he decided if I can steal packs and give them away for free I can profit off of this. He figured that if a customer came to buy a pack, and say they were $5 he would simply scan the cigarettes, void em out, take the persons money, give the exact change, and then whatever was less he could just put directly in his pocket not the register. So he told me this one day and how he walks out of there with pocketfuls of money

So basically when inventory did come, they knew something bad was going on. They investigated every one of us, and I know how you feel about not wanting to rat on people. I really wasn't involved in this ring, I did give a few packs away for free, but what the other people did was far worse. In the end we all lost are jobs and last time i went there was a whole new staff hahaha.

Sorry for the wall of text. It's not a bad story
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
you cant get fired from spanging in front of 7/11
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Page 1 of 2