I have an Egnater Rebel 20.

After going through a bunch of them (first returning one with one slight tolex problem) I ended up just getting my 1st one back.

Well in the time Guitar Center had it. The bottom part of the amp below the input jack has a slight tear in the tolex. Like a long fingernail poked it and lifted it up a bit. Under it you can see kind of a lighish black/dark gray color.

When you push it down, you can see a line of the disoloration.

If I go back there, they are going to yell at me. And I would rather not go back up there and keep this amp head.

Can I use a tiny dab of glue stick? to keep it held down, then use a fine tip black sharpie (the part is black) to just make the tiny part black?

Would this look okay? Would it be unnoticeable? It is just ticking me off.
Quote by ninjamodder
I have an Egnater Rebel 20.

After going through a bunch of them (first returning one with one slight tolex problem) I ended up just getting my 1st one back.

Well in the time Guitar Center had it. The bottom part of the amp below the input jack has a slight tear in the tolex. Like a long fingernail poked it and lifted it up a bit. Under it you can see kind of a lighish black/dark gray color.

When you push it down, you can see a line of the disoloration.

If I go back there, they are going to yell at me. And I would rather not go back up there and keep this amp head.

Can I use a tiny dab of glue stick? to keep it held down, then use a fine tip black sharpie (the part is black) to just make the tiny part black?

Would this look okay? Would it be unnoticeable? It is just ticking me off.

Wait... why'd you get a Rebel you returned in the first place?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
first, its supposed to sound good, not look good. second, super glue fixes everything. third, nobody will ever yell at you if you are their customer, they will wait till youre gone and talk sht amongst themselves about you after youre gone but at that point you will have what you want from them.
Because I thought mine was a defect and some wood was showing in the corners. After going through two more (one had technical problems, other had scratches because it was a floor model) I found out it is inevitable.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
first, its supposed to sound good, not look good. second, super glue fixes everything. third, nobody will ever yell at you if you are their customer, they will wait till youre gone and talk sht amongst themselves about you after youre gone but at that point you will have what you want from them.

Look up ^

Just make sure you apply the super glue in small amounts. Better still... squeeze out some... then use a sharp toothpick to apply it to the wood then press the tolex to the wood.

For the colour... try to get some of the furniture markers they should have a colour very close to the Rebel tolex colour.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
its an amp. they ook better if they seem to have some road miles on them man. as long as it works dont worry about it. used stuff looks better than brand new.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
agree with all above, also make sure if you do the repair yourself tht you use a straight edge to smooth the tolex back down. google this and you might be able to find how-to pictures. i'd look it up, but i'm short on time at the moment.