Hey guys,

I'm considering buying a new lefty electric for myself, but I'm kind of torn. The two guitars in question are the G&L Tribute ASAT Classic and the Fender Standard Telecaster.

I absolutely love G&L Guitars, but I don't know how the Tribute series stacks up to the rest of them, and I can't drop enough money to get an American Tele. Does anyone have experience with the G&L Tribute series? Is it worth it, or should I just stick with the MIM Fender?
G&L is totally worth it, that said, they'll sound almost exactly the same.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Yeah, I guess they wouldn't sound TOO different. But in that case, I guess it's worth it for original G&L pickups. Any other opinions? (aka bump?)
personally i like G&L, but know that it might not hold its value as well if you go to sell it used one day.

also, check the weights on those guitars, the G&Ls i've found used have been a little heavy.

id suggest you check local CL but you're a lefty, so yeah, guess it's a crap shoot.

either way, nice guitars. good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The other day I gave a few G&Ls a shot and for my money they destroyed the mim fenders I've played. There necks played so smoothly, and it might have just been me but I found the heel much less obtrusive.
Thank you. Being left-handed, resell value is probably crap for me anyway. I don't really plan on reselling anyway, this will be my first SERIOUS electric, as I've only had hand-me-downs or righty-flips. I've also played an OLD 60s-70s Hagstrom Swede, which was like...25lbs. But I've always lusted for a G&L, it just sucks that all the stores around here carry like...2 Squier Stratocasters that are left-handed and that's it.