So i got the rp350 a while back.(used once) i really didnt mess with it to much.
I wanted to know if anyone has the unit and what they think.. I also wanted to know if you used it for recording and how the quality was.. ive been thinking of giving it another chance
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
It's OK, but it's cumbersome compared to the GNX4.

I've had issues with the V-pedal not holding its setting.

It doesn't let you tweak the tone nearly as much as the GNX4 does, either.

Haven't used it in a couple of months, but I'll take it on trips or use it when playing with others.

Haven't tried recording with it yet. GNX4 is so convenient with the flash card--don't need the computer nearby.
Quote by jetwash69
It's OK, but it's cumbersome compared to the GNX4.

I've had issues with the V-pedal not holding its setting.

It doesn't let you tweak the tone nearly as much as the GNX4 does, either.

Haven't used it in a couple of months, but I'll take it on trips or use it when playing with others.

Haven't tried recording with it yet. GNX4 is so convenient with the flash card--don't need the computer nearby.

can you store settings ? ive yet to read the Manuel, only because i bought it thinking the effects would be good, which they are not.
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
Sure, you can store settings. Just save the patch. You can rename the patches, too.

Your going to need to play around with the settings to get good results with the effects. As far as I know the Digitech effects in there are schematically identical to the real deals; I've compared some side-by-side and couldn't hear any difference. I can't remember if you can control the Whammy (and other effects) by MIDI with the RP, but you can in the GNX4, for sure.

The modelling could be conflicting with your tube amp, cause that amp already has strong tonal characteristics of its own. Are you using the clean channel with neutral EQ? You also may want to set the amp model to "direct" on the RP so it doesn't try to make your B-52 halfstack sound like a Fender 2x12 cab or something. You might want to try out the amp modelling set to "direct", too.

I normally play these MFX pedals through a keyboard amp so that's fairly neutral & I don't have those issues.

Sometimes I plug it into a Marshall MG, and on the clean channel with neutral EQ it really improves the sound compared to any of the MG's settings on its own. But that's not hard to do :-)
Last edited by jetwash69 at Nov 11, 2009,
Quote by jetwash69
Sure, you can store settings. Just save the patch. You can rename the patches, too.

Your going to need to play around with the settings to get good results with the effects. As far as I know the Digitech effects in there are schematically identical to the real deals; I've compared some side-by-side and couldn't hear any difference. I can't remember if you can control the Whammy (and other effects) by MIDI with the RP, but you can in the GNX4, for sure.

The modelling could be conflicting with your tube amp, cause that amp already has strong tonal characteristics of its own. Are you using the clean channel with neutral EQ? You also may want to set the amp model to "direct" on the RP so it doesn't try to make your B-52 halfstack sound like a Fender 2x12 cab or something. You might want to try out the amp modelling set to "direct", too.

I normally play these MFX pedals through a keyboard amp so that's fairly neutral & I don't have those issues.

Sometimes I plug it into a Marshall MG, and on the clean channel with neutral EQ it really improves the sound compared to any of the MG's settings on its own. But that's not hard to do :-)

come to think of it thats may be the problem.. i count figure out how to use the effects whit out the dist. on.. a guess a few hours of messing around will help me figure out this pedal..

thanks for the help
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000