Hey
i currently have a Marshall Valvestate 80watt amp.
i dont have enough funds to buy a new tube amp and i dont really want to either:/
so im looking for a good distortion pedal which costs no more than £100?
I saw the vox satchurator and looked at reviews and videos and looks good.
but i went to play it in my local music store yesterday and didnt really like it:/
i am looking for something thats capable of going as heavy as metallica-ish.
but i will be using it for more of a slash-esque distortion.
please suggest some good pedals i could try out for less than £100
thanks (Y)
Keeley modded DS1?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Nov 11, 2009,
You're not a fan of Keeley or Boss?

Cuz the modded DS1 sound significantly better than the original Boss pedals...

Otherwise

Monte Allums modded DS1?
MI Audio Crunch Box Distortion Pedal?
Digitech Hardwire Valve Distortion?
Pigtronix PolySaturator Distortion Pedal <- I think this is out of your price range.
Xotic BB Preamp?
Protone Body Rot II <- Not sure what the prices are like.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Last edited by ragingkitty at Nov 11, 2009,
mi audio crunchbox

maybe also try the digitech hardwire valve distortion sc-2
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
you need something that CAN go heavy, but can also be rolled back and react well with a mid boost (either internal or external).

I like the Keeley DS1 call, also Keeley's MT2, though his MT2 is a bit more expensive I believe, but not by a ton.

Otherwise I like RK's list., except the hardwire... not a fan of those.
im gonna look more into the digitech valve distortion? ill choose between that an the satchurator?
which would you say is better?
Quote by the envy
im gonna look more into the digitech valve distortion? ill choose between that an the satchurator?
which would you say is better?

the Keeley MT-2.
Quote by GrisKy
the Keeley MT-2.

Honestly...

I have no idea... I've only heard the Vox Satchurator, but never really played it.

Its got gain on tap that's for sure... but its a bit smooth... somewhat vox-y and somewhat JSX-y.

I liked the Valve distortion tho... I'd say this... but that's just me.

Also, I'd actually recommend the monte allums and keeley modded DS1... they sound nothing like the stock Boss DS1 (well, they do, but they're much better... much much better).
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Keeley modded DS1?

This.

I compared 2 side by side in a music shop through 2 different amps (Deluxe Reverb and HT-5) And the keeley is miles ahead. More versatile, less noise, less real estate on your pedalboard and sounds alot better.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
The satch is wonderful, but it gives out a very specific tone. I have a blackstar ht5 and switch between the the stach and the on board distortion all the time. The satch is able to get very legato-esque tones, but if you're looking for an all-around distortion why not look at a tube screamer?
Quote by the envy
hmm:/
i cant seem to find many keeley mods in my local music stores:/

and you won't. they're built to order.

his entire reputation, which is stellar, is built on word of mouth.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
I don't know how much they cost over the pond, but the digitech hardwire CM-2 and SC-2 are sweet!

The SC-2 is great, I have one. I love the little bugger
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by GrisKy
and you won't. they're built to order.

his entire reputation, which is stellar, is built on word of mouth.

Funny that, because my local music shop has all of his pedals in stock, along with another (word of mouth company) devi ever, and another one has Pete Cornish effects, and yes they're all new.

TS, Don't trust eBay modifaction kit's, they normally aren't what explained. Get it done properly and either send it to keeley, buy one from keeley or find out what keeley pedals local shops stock.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

you're in london and have a store that stocks Keeley? actually, that makes more sense now that I think about it... They get a discount the more they have shipped = more profit for having them on hand. I can just by what you've said that this store specializes in the rare or boutique, correct? The only stateside shop I've found that stocks Keeley new is a little shop like that in Austin... the same city Rob is based out of. And even then it's only because they order directly from him and keep them on hand, unlike ordering from a major distributor of a larger company like boss or line 6.
Quote by GrisKy
you're in london and have a store that stocks Keeley? actually, that makes more sense now that I think about it... They get a discount the more they have shipped = more profit for having them on hand. I can just by what you've said that this store specializes in the rare or boutique, correct? The only stateside shop I've found that stocks Keeley new is a little shop like that in Austin... the same city Rob is based out of. And even then it's only because they order directly from him and keep them on hand, unlike ordering from a major distributor of a larger company like boss or line 6.

Nah, its a company that would rather sell you a line 6 spider than anything

Well it does do teh standard Boss, Behringer pedals and multi effects, then some fulltone, radial, keeley, devi ever, carl martin and some others. they have an orange room, blackstar room and boogie room aswell

And im just outside of london, 30 min train ride? but inside london there is a boutique specialst www.vintageandrareguitars.com
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by cliff_em_all
Nah, its a company that would rather sell you a line 6 spider than anything

Well it does do teh standard Boss, Behringer pedals and multi effects, then some fulltone, radial, keeley, devi ever, carl martin and some others. they have an orange room, blackstar room and boogie room aswell

And im just outside of london, 30 min train ride? but inside london there is a boutique specialst www.vintageandrareguitars.com

jesus, that's everyone these days *grumbles*

thanks for the sweet link!

EDIT: hey, anyone know anything about Keeley having a shop in Oklahoma? I heard something about it a while back and would just like to know if anyone can confirm/deny this?
Last edited by GrisKy at Nov 12, 2009,