There is probably no way to record it, but I will try today so you can hopefully hear what I am referring to.

In the mean time I will attempt to explain this.

After I am all tuned up (Yes, it is perfectly intonated as well) and I play either the G and B strings open together, or the B and E strings open together, or all three at the same time open, I can hear this ringing sound. When I mute out one of the strings after striking them together, the ringing stops. If I had to guess, I would say it is the B string causing this issue, but I can not figure out why it is doind this.

It also does this when fretting chords like a D or C, but the ringing is not nearly as noticable. I think this is just because there are a few more sounds ringing out to cover up some of the problematic ringing I am talking about.

It does not seem to be the nut, the bridge, the saddle, or the neck/frets.

Could having a battery in the same housing that the pots are in cause this to happen? Could the pick up's be causing this? The pick up height maybe?

Thank you for your time.
It's not how you pick your nose ... It's where you put the booger!

Frog...
I think you won't get help from The Pit, there is a forum for electic guitars.

Don't mess with tinnitius, it sucks to have it.
Is there anything the guitar is vibrating against (like an armrest)? When I play my guitar and it touches the armreast of my chair it starts to ring.
Quote by GisleAune
I think you won't get help from The Pit, there is a forum for electic guitars.

Don't mess with tinnitius, it sucks to have it.

Yh im actually experiencing loss of hearing, so im stopping playing at loud open mic nights. If i do get it I can use it for an excuse to not listen to people i hate.

But seriously its not kool, Kids when you try and play loud, make sure you have ear condoms on.
-no sig-
Last edited by Al4Project at Nov 11, 2009,
It's an overtone, most likely.
For example, if you play an E, one of the prominent overtones is the 5th, which is a B...
Yeah. Music and Physics hand in hand again!
It happens when I am plugged in or not.
Yes, I have a phone.
No, it is not leaning aginast anything except me at the time.
I made another post in the electric guitar forum. Sorry I put this topic in wrong place.

The physics comment is correct, but the severity is what is in question here.
I mean, my stock american made Fender strat does not do it to the extent the Epiphones do.
It's not how you pick your nose ... It's where you put the booger!

Frog...