Poll: Skateboarding?
Poll Options
View poll results: Skateboarding?
Skaters are cool, and its a cool (or awesome) sport
43 73%
Skaters are gay, its not cool at all
16 27%
Voters: 59.
im pretty weirded out that quite a few people in my school hate skateboarding, even though they've never tried

i understand that it's connected with some bad images (punks, potheads, that stuff) but anyway heres a poll, seeing who thinks that skateboarding is a good thing or a bad thing
It's a good thing I guess. Some people like it and it gets some people active, used to keep a friend of mine busy. Better than him smashing shit which he woulda been doing otherwise. More or less I think if someone likes something and it doesn't negatively effect anyone/anything else then it's good.
It's a great way to pass time and have fun with mates, that's for sure.
Action. Reaction. Like an eye for an eye from our tribal days.
it's fun, and not all skaters are dicks, but still, there are alot of dick skateboarders
Its a pretty good hobby Imo...

it gets you out in the fresh air and you get to know some new people.
Most of the skaters I've seen are posers and just ride around alone showing off. They seem like douches to me, but I guess if you just go out riding with your friends then it'd be coo'.
Quote by levinzsk8er
i understand that it's connected with some bad images (punks, potheads, that stuff)

What you sayin', boy?

The skateboarding scene has kind of died, but I'd love to see it brought back. Mike Vallely can't get arrested these days!
Why does it matter if it's cool or not? Why are people focused on doing what's "cool" (which is just a matter of opinion, & therefore changes between everyone)? Why can't people just do what they enjoy anymore?

EDIT: [quote="'-[NiL"]-']The skateboarding scene has kind of died, but I'd love to see it brought back. Mike Vallely can't get arrested these days!
Also, I was never a fan of Mike Vallely, he seems to spend too much time flipping against trees & things... Huge Chris Cole fan though
Last edited by _-Joey-_ at Nov 11, 2009,
Quote by _-Joey-_
Why does it matter if it's cool or not? Why are people focused on doing what's "cool" (which is just a matter of opinion, & therefore changes between everyone)? Why can't people just do what they enjoy anymore?

HUZZAH!!
Who cares what other people think!
**** 'em!
But you best not skate near my shrubbery
Spreading STI's??

I make them.
Quote by BrashPersona
if you're over 22 and you still skateboard a lot .......... fail.

Why?
Quote by -Worsell-
HUZZAH!!
Who cares what other people think!
**** 'em!
But you best not skate near my shrubbery

This, really. For some reason, skaters think they have some kind of right to skate wherever they like.
But if my hobby was, say, clay pigeon shooting, they'd get all pissy if I tried doing it wherever i liked.
I don't like the options in this poll, because I don't think that stereotype skaters are cool, orr gay for that matter. But the first.
This is exactly the kind of attitude our obese, socially starved county needs - "skateboarding's gay, sit inside and play call of duty all day instead; computer games are well cool". While the street outside that used to be full of kids on bikes or playing football, people stopping to chat on their way back from the shops, lie empty, and you don't even know your nextdoor neighbour's 1st name.
Quote by _-Joey-_

EDIT:
Also, I was never a fan of Mike Vallely, he seems to spend too much time flipping against trees & things... Huge Chris Cole fan though

well people care about that stuff, and personally i dont like skater haters because they dont reli understand the leisure and fun in it

yes! i love chris cole!!
Quote by levinzsk8er
well people care about that stuff, and personally i dont like skater haters because they dont reli understand the leisure and fun in it

yes! i love chris cole!!

Or maybe people don't like skaters because they can cause a nuisance in public places? For example, the steps leading to my local library door, or the noise they make when they decide to skate on the street doing ollies up the curb at stupid times in the night?
where's the option for "no opinion"
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by levinzsk8er
im pretty weirded out that quite a few people in my school hate skateboarding, even though they've never tried

i understand that it's connected with some bad images (punks, potheads, that stuff) but anyway heres a poll, seeing who thinks that skateboarding is a good thing or a bad thing

ha man its so easy to tell youve just started skating, but most people that skateboard are pretty open to other people that skateboard its weird how it works after being around it for a while you get to know how everything is
gay? no. look stupid and are stupid? yes.

I was a skater for round about 4yrs. I was alright at it. But I stopped for 2 reasons... I stretched the tendon in my ankle failing at a BS board slide. But I also stopped because the skater 'style' had become so stupid looking that I didn't want to be associated with it. Seriously, skaters look like morons who don't know how to dress or bath. It seems to me that skating has become less about the actual sport and more about how stupid you can dress and how many poser wannabes you can gather around you.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Or maybe people don't like skaters because they can cause a nuisance in public places? For example, the steps leading to my local library door, or the noise they make when they decide to skate on the street doing ollies up the curb at stupid times in the night?

This.

It also annoys me that in my city the council were forced to put up barriers around a memorial for all the people lost in the world wars, because it was being destroyed by kids "skating" it.

I don't think that Skateboarding itself is a problem, it's that the kids that do it seem to think they have a right to do it where ever they please, and show little or no respect for monuments or other people.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by theGlitch
gay? no. look stupid and are stupid? yes.

I was a skater for round about 4yrs. I was alright at it. But I stopped for 2 reasons... I stretched the tendon in my ankle failing at a BS board slide. But I also stopped because the skater 'style' had become so stupid looking that I didn't want to be associated with it. Seriously, skaters look like morons who don't know how to dress or bath. It seems to me that skating has become less about the actual sport and more about how stupid you can dress and how many poser wannabes you can gather around you.

THIS

Now everyone is decked out in skating brands, and barely any of them know it is a skating brand. BTW where is the it's boring opinion, I skated for about 3 months and all I did was ride and flip, it is so tedious.
wheres a meh option on the poll?

skating isnt great and it isnt crap

i used to love it when i was younger, its a phase you usually grow out of doing yourself.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
Skating is an awesome sport!
I as a skater don't believe that we have a right to go anywhere.
But man.. let us practice the sport.
Forbidding it will only make people wanna skate more.

Also, yes, there are a lot of posers and people that do it to be cool..
but you can't just give up the thing cause of other people.
Do what you love and don't let people affect your opinion.
Add Me!

If man is five...
If the devil is six...
If GOD IS SEVEN...
I wish people would stop using "gay" in this sense
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre