G'day UG,

I've just received a reply from a seller on Gumtree.com.au regarding his Little Big Muff Pi, Can anyone tell me what the reviews on UG/internet can't?

I have a BOSS ds-2 at the moment and am reluctant to buy another distortion pedal but after hearing so many great things about it I'm contemplating whether or not to buy it.

is it a good pedal/ what's the difference b/w a fuzz box and distortion?
are there any distinct differences b/w the big muff and the little big muff? (besides the size)
am I getting a good deal? Seller says it is brand new and is asking for $130AUD ... how much could I bump it down?

Cheers, from Syd.
oh cool, thanks for that. I'll check it out now, awesome.

Has yours arrived yet? or are you still waiting ... to be honest I'm a little reluctant or rather insecure about buying things online .......
That is a dodgy deal, i got the proper big muff brand new for $190. i personally don't think the little one sounds as big, excuse the pun, but i would say its worth between $80-100.
The little big muff is basically the same as the big one, maybe a little 'tighter' and 'smoother'.

And a DS-2 and Muff on at the same time sounds like sex so go for it
Strat

Proco Turbo RAT
Boss RE-20

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by joe_k
That is a dodgy deal, i got the proper big muff brand new for $190. i personally don't think the little one sounds as big, excuse the pun, but i would say its worth between $80-100.

Am I missing something... I just bought mine for $76

Edit: Damn, Aussies.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
^ Haha, answered your own question

Yes, I did.

TS - The little muff actually uses the standard AC adapter, unlike the big which uses a 3.5mm plug... Which made me so angry I swapped it out.

Just my .02.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
TS - Here's the same one I bought from the same guy I bought it from... quick, reliable, and cheaper than what you were looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EH-BIG-MUFF-PI-SUSTAIN-DISTORTION-PEDAL-TONE-WICKER_W0QQitemZ300355393391QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item45ee93976f
Quote by Leverageofspace
The little big muff is basically the same as the big one, maybe a little 'tighter' and 'smoother'.

And a DS-2 and Muff on at the same time sounds like sex so go for it

yay! that's awesome, I'm so stoked to hear that

Quote by slickerthnsleek
TS - Here's the same one I bought from the same guy I bought it from... quick, reliable, and cheaper than what you were looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EH-BIG-MUFF-PI-SUSTAIN-DISTORTION-PEDAL-TONE-WICKER_W0QQitemZ300355393391QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item45ee93976f

I've found a cheaper one on Ebay, also brand new and made them an offer ... one they can't refuse - Props for those who understand. Hoping for the best!

HOPEFULLY WILL HAVE A NEW PEDAL IN A COUPLE WEEKS, WILL POST WHEN I DO!

[EDIT] thanks for helping me avoid a shady deal! very sweet of you all
Last edited by buid at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by slickerthnsleek
I bought a brand new Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker from US eBay for less than that. Just FYI.

Do you just run it off batteries?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
I bought a brand new Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker from US eBay for less than that. Just FYI.

+1
got to agree here .. the tone wicker big muff is the best big muff ive heard so far ..

and i have a ds-2 as well .. and ill probably sell it since its not the grunge sound i wanted and the high are horrible .

the ds2 is a bad in between .. its not a good fuzz like a big muff would be and not a good distortion like a mi audio crunch box .. it trying to combine the 2 and its unfortunalty it failed and the high arent very nice .

its at best a decent pedal . if i still have it .. its to mod it pretty soon .

big muff pi w tone wicker = way to go .

i had a nano metal muff ( the little pedal they made ) they usually lack some option than the really size has and the soudn is slightly different also . . but the tone wicker is a great feature .. i didnt regret paying 15 $ more for the tone wicker big muff .

not worth 130 aud at all ... worth 70 $ at best at best .. dont pay for it .

at 130 aud.. ill send you a big muff pi w/tone wicker by mail and youll get a better pedal . i thoguh you meant 50 -60 $ for the little big muff.

the little big muff its 70 $ canadian ( 72 AUD ) brand new here

http://www.moogaudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=564
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by buid
yay! that's awesome, I'm so stoked to hear that

I've found a cheaper one on Ebay, also brand new and made them an offer ... one they can't refuse - Props for those who understand. Hoping for the best!

HOPEFULLY WILL HAVE A NEW PEDAL IN A COUPLE WEEKS, WILL POST WHEN I DO!

[EDIT] thanks for helping me avoid a shady deal! very sweet of you all

Well I had to get one that shipped to Australia, that's why I picked that one

Quote by Forkman
Do you just run it off batteries?

Nope, I run it through my daisy chain the same as my other pedals.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Nope, I run it through my daisy chain the same as my other pedals.

For some reason I always assumed that it would be different because of the voltage differences between America and Aus.