I today got the engl screamer combo. iv turned everything on, and no sound??? any help would be great.

Cheers.
Is the cable in the back from the amplifier part to the speakers plugged in? Are the speakers (speaker?) connected? Are your cables good? Check all of your connections.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Did you let you amp warm up? Tube Amps typically have a standby switch and an on off switch if you flick both right way that could be the problem try leaving it in standby for a few seconds. I've noticed it with both my Fender Hot Rod Deville and Ampeg B25B.
Turn it from standby to on?

I made that screw-up with my deville the first time...
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Is the cable in the back from the amplifier part to the speakers plugged in? Are the speakers (speaker?) connected? Are your cables good? Check all of your connections.

Yea its all connected. its my first tube amp you see so. On the back its 8ohms or 16ohms iv tryed both.
Is this the 1x12 combo? If so, make sure the speaker is plugged into one of the left poweramp output jacks (either one, they are labelled "8 Ohms Parallel")

Make sure you're balance control in the FX loop is set all the way to "dry".

Make sure all inputs are connected properly.

Are the on/off switches lighting up?

Any crackling, hissing, or humming?
Quote by WtrPlyr
You did turn your amp off before switching that cable form 8 to 16 ohm right? Otherwise your amp is probably dead by now.

This. And did you let it warm up?
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by Rutch
Is this the 1x12 combo? If so, make sure the speaker is plugged into one of the left poweramp output jacks (either one, they are labelled "8 Ohms Parallel")

Make sure you're balance control in the FX loop is set all the way to "dry".

Make sure all inputs are connected properly.

Are the on/off switches lighting up?

Any crackling, hissing, or humming?

all the way to dry, what would this change?

and yea a fairly loud hiss.

also why would changing the ohms while the amp is on kill my amp?

Yea its the 1x12 version, and yea the switch lights up.
Last edited by strings21 at Nov 11, 2009,
Quote by strings21
also why would changing the ohms while the amp is on kill my amp?

Tube amps always need to be connected to a load (speakers or load box).

If you unplugged your amp's speaker cables when it was on, the output has nowhere to go... overloading and blowing your output transformer and potentially a lot of other key components as well.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Guitar plugged in? Cables are good. Volume controls up.

There is something called V.L.S Volume level switching? maybe that is it.

Good luck New or Used??
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
Last edited by halfstacked at Nov 11, 2009,
yeah ohms= resistance, if there is no resistance the current has nowhere to go and clusterfuxks the gut of the amp.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by ragingkitty

If you unplugged your amp's speaker cables when it was on, the output has nowhere to go... overloading and blowing your output transformer and potentially a lot of other key components as well.

So there is nothing warning you about this? But if it happend by accident thats it your amp is bust? I cant really see how an amp would be built like that? btw im not been funny or anything, I appriciate all this usefull information. thanks
Quote by strings21
So there is nothing warning you about this? But if it happend by accident thats it your amp is bust? I cant really see how an amp would be built like that? btw im not been funny or anything, I appriciate all this usefull information. thanks

Because you'd need to actually do some research into tube amps before buying one.. maybe?

Have you solved the problem?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Because you'd need to actually do some research into tube amps before buying one.. maybe?

Have you solved the problem?

Also the fact pretty much every tube amp manual will mention the danger of not having a load connected either in bold print or underlined.

Manuals, always a good read

Quote by strings21
all the way to dry, what would this change?

The dry/wet knob adjust the signal contribution of your effects loop. 100% dry means the effects loop is off, 100% wet would mean you are running all of the signal through the effects loop. If you don't have anything IN the effects loop this would mean no signal going to your poweramp.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by ragingkitty

he said its a combo..not just a head
Quote by '93

And this particular combo has a cable you can disconnect from the speaker.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by '93

Dude... I hate to rag on the new-comers... but read the entire thread before making a comment... especially since this thread has not exceeded 1 page and all the posts are short!
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
at the end of the day i did this after everthing was connected and i got no sound so the worse thing i could have done it fluffed it up even more then it was already. anyways iv sent it back and its getting repaired so hopefully its all going to be good. also i have learnt my lesson to not play it unless its connected to the speaker. thanks for the information guys you have been very helpfull.