I just bought an 80's Washburn Force 3 for a project guitar, I scrapped all the electronics and I have all the parts ordered except the pickups. The guitar is similar to a strat style but slightly different (Im not sure what kind of wood) but I play mostly punk and metal, but I want this to be distorted enough for punk, but still want it to clean up well. The guitar originally cane wired as a HSS but Im thinking of converting to a HH and using a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge with an Air Norton in the neck, is this a good choice or should I be looking at something else?

Thanks UG
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
come on, nobody, I really need some help with this
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
I wouldn't really like to say much until we know more about the specifics of the guitar, especially in terms of the woods the neck and body are made from, the construction style and the controls/control layout.

Though really, "punk and metal" just equals "get a generic overwound humbucker" (such as a SD Custom 5, Gibson Dirty Fingers, etc). That's about all the advice anyone can offer without knowing more details of the guitar and your exact playing style.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.