Hey Guys!

Well if any of you have read my finger picking threads then this one is gonna be totally different. I'm the proud owner of a Schecter C-1 Classic. I know, I know, there a people here who don't like them and people here who love them. Personally for what I paid, and the tones I can get and the sheer beauty of it it's probably one of the better investments I've made. So far there has been nothing I've come across that I can't play on it, except until last night. At a small house party someone requested "Sweet home Alabama." An easy song to play, but after the song some people remarked about not hearing the twang in the intro and main riff. I explained to them that the song was originally played on a strat and sometimes a tele and the pup arrangement (as is well known with Fenders) gave the twang.

Well I thought I was right about that until my friend whipped out the song on his Ibanez and ALL the twang was there. I'm really not sure what he did to get it. I'm playing through a Crate Flexwave 65 watt rehearsal amp so I don't really know what I can do to get the twang everyone seems to want. 5 pickup orientations and a ton of amp settings "you would think" would give me the sound I'm looking for. So guys, what am I doing wrong? Oh and before you answer, don't tell me to go out and buy a Strat!!

Ibanez SGT520VS Sage Series Acoustic
Yamaha FG720S-12 12 String Acoustic
Schecter C-1 Classic
Crate Flexwave FW65 Combo Amp
He split the humbucker with his single coil...

Really not that difficult!

C1's are H-H right?
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
single-coil.

i have a schecter S-1, with a coil tab, its pretty much my best friend when it comes to stuff like that.
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by sharpant
He split the humbucker with his single coil...

Really not that difficult!

C1's are H-H right?

Yes they are. I'm thinking position 2. Single coil sound with hum cancel, bridge and neck pups. That might do the trick. I'm probably still gonna have to play with amp settings though. Below is the pup arrangement for the C-1 SD's.

5 Way Switch Info:
Position 1: full power BRIDGE Humbucking sound.
Bridge pickup (series)

Position 2: single coil sound with hum cancel.
Bridge & neck pickup's
Parallel (bridge pickup's bridge side coil & neck pickup's bridge side coil)

Position 3: full power Humbucking sound with hum cancel.
Series (bridge pickup's neck side coil & neck pickup's neck side coil)

Position 4: single coil sound with hum. cancel.
Parallel (bridge pickup's neck side coil & neck pickup's neck side coil)

Position 5: Full power NECK Humbucking sound.
Neck pickup (series)

Think position 2 is best??

Ibanez SGT520VS Sage Series Acoustic
Yamaha FG720S-12 12 String Acoustic
Schecter C-1 Classic
Crate Flexwave FW65 Combo Amp