So i went in to get root canal on a tooth last month. She didnt take an xray or do any inspection she just went ahead, saying she would do it in two stages and gave me an appointment 3 weeks later to do the second half. I informed her it was painful throughout the week and then she inspected it and found it was wobbly and needed extracted. She asked me why i didnt tell her this.

So thats cost me money as well as a tooth and im considering going to another dentist (even though the next nearest one is 10 miles away. Would you change dentists?
Quote by The_Casinator
Just ne glad she didn't kill you.

well she is actually an Iraqi refugee. it is a terrifying experience.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
well she is actually an Iraqi refugee. it is a terrifying experience.

I hope she does kill you next time. How the fuck is that relevant to her ability to do her job?!

I don't have a dentist because I can't afford to go private and there are no NHS dentists. I just brush religiously
You reminded me that I have a check-up very soon . I'll be fine though, last time my dentist told me that I have very strong teeth and wont need anything done for at least a few years
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I hope she does kill you next time. How the fuck is that relevant to her ability to do her job?!

Joking, love

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I don't have a dentist because I can't afford to go private and there are no NHS dentists. I just brush religiously

I said that when i couldnt get one. 4 fillings 3 root canals and 1 extraction later....i realise i should have got a dentist earlier.
Dentists are nothing but torturers in my eyes. I am gonna tell you something about dentists... some of them are known to make holes into your teeth while fixing other teeths, that way they can be assured you come back with more money... (This is true, happened to my father and his brother when they were teenagers).

Damn torturing dentists... (Yes, I hate dentists...)
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Quote by Gulli05
Dentists are nothing but torturers in my eyes. I am gonna tell you something about dentists... some of them are known to make holes into your teeth while fixing other teeths, that way they can be assured you come back with more money... (This is true, happened to my father and his brother when they were teenagers).

Damn torturing dentists... (Yes, I hate dentists...)

How the **** do you not realize that the dentist is drilling into a different tooth while fixing another one?
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I've changed dentists a couple times because I wasn't all that thrilled with the ones I had.
And I'd throw a fit over an experience like yours until I was financially compensated and probably move on to another dentist. The whole point of paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars for a root canal is that they can save the tooth.

If they charged you for a root canal and then had to pull the tooth out, they either misdiagnosed the problem and charged you for something you didn't need or screwed up the procedure and charged you for something they didn't do correctly. Doctors aren't perfect, but you shouldn't have to pay for their imperfection.