Do kids who grow up learning both English and Spanish think in English or Spanish?

I've been wondering and none of my friends have really been able to answer it.

(No i'm not trolling, I just won't be able to read this for a few hours)
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
What ever language they learn first or comes naturally.

I dated this one puerto rican chick who learned spanish first and english when she was 2, she said she liked to talk and think in english more.
Think it depends what they speak all day
I'm Dutch and when I was in the USA for a month I started to think and dream in English
im from usa, spoke english for 17 years, but im in my 5th year of spanish, i think of words in both languages, especially while writing essays.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Depends. I'm fluent in both English and Spanish and (I'm english), naturally I think in english. But if I'm out with my spanish mates or at school then I'll think in spanish, it's just easier.
Quote by JackPoxon
Depends. I'm fluent in both English and Spanish and (I'm english), naturally I think in english. But if I'm out with my spanish mates or at school then I'll think in spanish, it's just easier.

isnt that weird how we can do that?

i mean before i was like heheheh hola hehehe

now its like do an essay, all in spanish, in 30 minutes.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
i think in spanish but because im living now in Mexico.
When i lived (or visit now) the states i think depending who im talking to.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
I grew up in a mixed Japanese and English household. Although I spent most of my life in London, I think in either/or and sometimes a mix of the two.
Sounds confusing, but its completely natural to me.
Thats just me though.

I imagine its the same for anyone brought up in a bilingual household.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Last edited by Blackbullet at Nov 11, 2009,
your brain may have the illusion of thinking in a certain language, but it has a language of it's own. however the only way for your brain to comprehend your brain's language is to translate it into something useful for the rest of your body. saying that it thinks in a certain language would be saying that someone who doesn't know a language cannot think.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
I don't know from personal experience, but I know that multilingual children "code switch" they adjust mentally to meet the verbal needs of certain situations. I imagine this extends beyond speaking, they probably switch linguistic gears in different mental situations.
I'm swedish but usually think in english.. At least if I'm thinking of something to say.
Gear:
Some sort of guitar, of some sort.
Another one
Big amp
Small amp
A pedal
A pedal again
Some kind of box that goes into the computer.. Haven't figured out its function yet.
I'm Dutch and I often dream and think in English.

My girlfriend is half Spanish and I asked her the same thing(only with Spanish - Dutch that is)

And basically she only thinks spanish when she is talking to people who speak it aswell.

And also during sex she mixes them up, which is kinda cool I guess
I don't know hungarian... but I tend to think in it. So effing confusing.
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Maybe they do. I grew speaking English, but whenever I'm in Spanish class, I somehow always think in Spanish. It's kinda weird, but I got used to it. Then I go to lunch the next period and have to try really hard to not be speaking spanish.
Generally I think in English but when something pisses me off I start curing in Spanish in my head.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I grew up learning both French and Englsih, speaking to each of my parents in a different language. I also have groups of friends that are english, and others that are french. I find that depending who I'm around, I will think in the language being used. When I'm on my own though, I tend to think in english, since I read, write, and watch TV in english (not to mention the internet is pretty much enlgish based).
I actually catch myself thinking in both spanish and english most of the time. I've got to speak spanish daily, but most of the things I read are in english. So, it's almost 50-50.

-----------------------------------------------

Blog (mostly in spanish...)

Current favorite bands:

6. Cave In
5. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
4. Sparta
3. Biffy Clyro
2. Muse
1. Coheed and Cambria
Last edited by Antoine-Øleg at Nov 11, 2009,
I grew up speaking English and Russian; and I think in English. Although that's because I lived in an English speaking country.
Now I'm in Spain and hardly speak English. Hell, I only write in it on the net.
I still think in it though.
Spanglish
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
When I was living in Spain I thought mostly in Spanish, especially in school related stuff because I had learnt all the scientific terms in Spanish. But now I'm back in England I'm mostly thinking in English.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I lived in Holland from age 5-9 and learned english perfectly. I can think in both Serbian ( native language) and English.