hello all

i have had the urge to build myself a telecaster over the last couple of months and now i finally have the money to do it. i first thought i would buy a telecaster kit, but then found out that i would need to replace most of the hardware, so i thought that i may as well choose a body that i realy like the look of and build my guitar up from there. i found this company on ebay and i like the look of there bodies and necks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/No8-Mahogany-thinline-1-5kg-Telecaster-Guitar-body_W0QQitemZ130325508549QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item1e580171c5

does this seem like a good purchase? a body and neck would cost me about £130 from here, and it looks a lot better than anything i have seen in a kit for about the same price. all their necks have a radius of 12". but i thought that a tele neck was normally about 10"? if any one has any advice or ideas that would be great.

thanks
Their necks are okay, but not great. I bought a Banana Headstock floyd rose nut one off of them a year ago and it was quite poor. The colour was very yellow as well, although these days they look like they use less spray on their necks, and the yellowness is gone on new ones.
Why not just buy some wood and build your own? Then you could have a unique shape.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
Why not just buy some wood and build your own? Then you could have a unique shape.

This. It's really not that hard.

Also, don't bump your threads. Do it again, and i'll be forced to report you.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Especially in that short of a timespan. Give it a day, see how many responses you get, then bump it if you badly need it.

If you aren't comfortable carving a neck, at least do the body yourself. It's quite simple to do, and really gives you an unlimited set of options on how to make it comfortable for you.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.