Hey guys, the problem with my guitar (when plugged in) is that when ever i touch the volume nob on the guitar even the slightest little touch makes it fade in and out; sorta of sounds like the guitar is chocking its self. Does anyone know whats wrong with the guitar?
find someone that knows how to solder, and either re-solder everything connected to the volume pot, or u might have to get a new volume pot (few dollars).
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
find someone that knows how to solder, and either re-solder everything connected to the volume pot, or u might have to get a new volume pot (few dollars).

Agreed. This is most likely. However, if the knob attached to the pot is metal it could be a grounding problem too.
most definitely the pot. What guitar do you have? It might be worth investing in replacing all your pots, so you don't have to worry about this problem again.
The guitar is a Fender Stratocaster, but I do not want to mess with the interior since i have no clue whats going on in there. Maybe if i dont touch the volume nob the problem wont get worse?
If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

But if it is, then fix it. If you can't, then find someone who can.
Quote by headbangerbuggy
That is the most incomprehensible post I have ever seen. LEARN TO GRAMMAR.

Quote by steven seagull
Then it IS blues, just angrier, louder and more pissed off
Dude. Chances are that leaving the problem alone won't make things better /sarcasm. Take your axe to a tech and have him replace the pots or do some research then DIY. It's no big deal, just some soldering and voilà, your guitar will sound better than ever. Besides, since it's a Fender it is definitely worth the trouble.