tips please!!! besides practice. I HAVE BEEN. for months!!! i can't get it down, i just can't!!!!! please help me!!
Quote by stephen_rettie
what problems are you having?

Yes, answering this would be a good start.

Try starting by doing the sweep but just with your picking hand and just mute all the strings. Work on getting all the notes evenly spaced. Once you can do that, make sure you can fret the entire sweep back and forth smoothly. Once you get that down, start combining your two hands. If you mess up AT ALL, slow it down. Accurate practice is the only way to improve
I hate my sig
already be quite good at playing the guitar before trying it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
already be quite good at playing the guitar before trying it.

this helps.

as does the other post.

just go SLOWWWWWWW. i mean SLOWWWWWWWWWW. you may have to improve your right hand and/or your left hand technique. practice extremely SLOW. if you cant play it correctly SLOW IT DOWN. no sense in practicing something faster and playing it with lots of mistakes. start slow, get it down, and then work on speed. speed is the LAST thing you should worry about.
i can pretty much do EVERYTHING on guitar EXCEPT sweeping.

thanks for the tips =]
oh, also, another problem is hammering on or pulling off on the last note.

for example.

|---------13h17p13-----------------|
|-----15---------------15------------|
|-14-----------------------14--------|
|---------------------------------------|

i can't make that smoothly after the inital sweep.
Quote by iamghost
i can pretty much do EVERYTHING on guitar EXCEPT sweeping.

thanks for the tips =]

thats like me with tapping.

Just listen to steven seagull. Thats the best advice you could get
I hate my sig
TS, you still haven't identified what you can't do with sweep picking.
Where is your biggest problem? What you posted (The tab bit) showed that you can't hammer on or pull off properly, neither of which are sweeping.
So, can you actually not sweep no matter how hard you try, or are you just playing faster than you're actually capable of, or are you just not fine tuned on the other skills necessary to do this?
baby joel, my problem, is if i'm trying to do a 3-string sweep, i can only get the first two strings, then when i release my finger off the G string, it makes a noise because i accidentally strummed it and i can't NOT do that.

and, hammering on/pulling off is a problem because there are songs that have that same exact sweep i posted and i can get my right hand to just WAIT for my finger to hammer on/pull off, then go back down.

those are my main problems.
So you're trying to play too fast when you lack the control to do so. That's why you're not getting better, all you're doing is constantly repeating the same mistakes over and over.

Slow down, be patient.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com