so yeah my schizo mom had a fit and the amplifier was her victim of choice. She pulled on the cables in such a way that just the gold tip of my last cable is stuck in the input jack of my ValveKing (112). How do I get it out? I reaaaalllly don't want to void the warranty.

thanks in advance
a very upset guitar player.
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
Either needle nose pliers to get a hold of it and pull it out, or open it up and push from the inside.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
If you are saying that the 1/4" phone jack plug tore off of the guitar cable and is now lodged in the amplifier's input jack, then unscrew the nut that holds the input jack on the amplifier, carefully lift the input jack assembly out - taking care not to dislodge any wires connected to it - and then push the broken plug out of the input jack.
Quote by FatalGear41
If you are saying that the 1/4" phone jack plug tore off of the guitar cable and is now lodged in the amplifier's input jack, then unscrew the nut that holds the input jack on the amplifier, carefully lift the input jack assembly out - taking care not to dislodge any wires connected to it - and then push the broken plug out of the input jack.

No can do; it won't come out of the front. :|
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

It's really just the tip, nothing's even sticking out for me to grab with pliers.
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by zeemonkey
It's really just the tip, nothing's even sticking out for me to grab with pliers.

Then you'll have to take the chassis out of the (head?) cabinet. Just carefully unscrew the cabinet as needed, keeping track of what goes where. Then once you get it broken down and can get to the chassis that should slide out. Once you're looking at that it will be very easy to push it out from the back.

Edit: Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the VKs. Most likely you'll just need to remove 4 screws on the top of the amp and slide it out, but I can't be sure without seeing it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Nov 11, 2009,
Quote by tubetime86
Then you'll have to take the chassis out of the (head?) cabinet. Just carefully unscrew the cabinet as needed, keeping track of what goes where. Then once you get it broken down and can get to the chassis that should slide out. Once you're looking at that it will be very easy to push it out from the back.

Edit: Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the VKs. Most likely you'll just need to remove 4 screws on the top of the amp and slide it out, but I can't be sure without seeing it.

i guess ill have to thanks guys ill post any questions as they pop up
Quote by Twist of fate

Good luck. And strangle mom with the broken cable.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
the same thing happened to me and i found people on the internet saying if you get a a thin piece of wood or plastic, and glue the end of it to the end of the input jack, when its dry you should just be able to pull it out. hope this has helped
its open and im trying to get it out and its not working

i think ill make her an ultimatum; ill treat her like she treats my amp.
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by zeemonkey
its open and im trying to get it out and its not working

i think ill make her an ultimatum; ill treat her like she treats my amp.

You should see the actual plug tip being held in by a little springy metal clip thing. Gently pull the clip thing away from the tip then push on the end of the tip pretty hard... This should jar it loose. Then you can push a screwdriver or something through to push it all the way out.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
You should see the actual plug tip being held in by a little springy metal clip thing. Gently pull the clip thing away from the tip then push on the end of the tip pretty hard... This should jar it loose. Then you can push a screwdriver or something through to push it all the way out.

just realized that me self. thanks. having a bit of trouble with the 2nd clip because its in an awkward position. I should be fine though.

Thank You soo much UG

A Not As Upset Guitar Player
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by zeemonkey
just realized that me self. thanks. having a bit of trouble with the 2nd clip because its in an awkward position. I should be fine though.

Thank You soo much UG

A Not As Upset Guitar Player

No problem, just be gentle in there.

My tech charges $55 an hour, so I think that should be appropriate for your mom's bill too. So keep good track of your time and take her the total.

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
hope it work

if your pissed off at your mom .. you could try to freak out and try to shove a tv remove up your ass like the world of warcraft freak .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc

1:12 ....
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Nov 11, 2009,
Quote by Skysc
hope it work

if your pissed off at your mom .. you could try to freak out and try to shove a tv remove up your ass like the world of warcraft freak .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc

1:12 ....

heh, i did one better, i smashed in a closet door. my sister's closet door (couldnt help it, moms can aggravate like no one else can ). i can imagine my sis on ultimate-closet.com tho "my schizo brother..."
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by zeemonkey
heh, i did one better, i smashed in a closet door. my sister's closet door (couldnt help it, moms can aggravate like no one else can ). i can imagine my sis on ultimate-closet.com tho "my schizo brother..."

I've replaced a few doors in my life... Mostly in the college days (daze) though.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!