Awww, here it goes!

MIM Fender Telecaster > USA Big Muff > Fender Frontman 25r (don't tell me to get a new amp, thats being sorted soon!)

Anyway, so I think I have a problem.. When I hit one string while I'm holding a fret, then hit another open string, I get some sort of tremolo effect? It sounds like its shifting or something, its hard to explain- it will sound dumn but it sounds like this AAAAAAAAH (how it should sound) and how it sounds- AHHHHH OHHHHH AHHHH OHHH AHH OHH AH OH AH OHh ah oh <die out>. Notice as it dies out it shifts like a tremolo.

So yeah, anyone have any ideas? On clean its fine and I don't hear it, but when I press the big muff... Is this normal? And is there anymore information to give you to help you answer this?

Thanks alot guys!
its just because u hit them at different times and they maxing their wave vibrations at different times. basically, the 2 strings arent in sync and they hitting the max of their note at different times.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Last edited by xxunder-takerxx at Nov 11, 2009,
Thanks alot guys!! Appreciate the help fellaz!

Any idea how to get rid of it? I think it might be my action then because some of the strings seem to be slightly out of level with each other, I'll try set them all level
Quote by dotheFlop
Thanks alot guys!! Appreciate the help fellaz!

Any idea how to get rid of it? I think it might be my action then because some of the strings seem to be slightly out of level with each other, I'll try set them all level

No it has nothing to do with the string level. It sounds like you are just playing dissonant tones together...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
It's normal. It's the same effect you get when you tune with harmonics. No way to get rid of it
I hate my sig
Ah but tuning by harmonics is done by removing that effect. That's when you know its in tune. Careful tuning will reduce it to a minimum (and harmonics are more accurate than a tuner) but as the guitar is not a perfect instrument, there will always be a trace of that.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Sounds like your guitar is a bit out of intonation (ie, even though it is "in tune", fretting a note takes it slightly out of tune).

See the guitar set-up thread, or have it set-up. The guitar is a tempered instrument, and I've yet to play one that was flawless in every way at every fret.

That includes some of the most well-set-up high end guitars out there.

If it's something that seems destined to hound your ears to the grave, look into Buzz Feiten or true temperament or Earvana guitars.

My advice? Just set it up right and try to ignore it.
Some people are just ultra sensitive to intonation issues, and it sucks...

Buzz Feiten:
http://www.buzzfeiten.com/

True Temperament:
http://www.truetemperament.com/main.php

Earvana:
http://www.earvana.com/
It's not a tremolo effect you're talking about
that phenomenon is called interference or wave propagation
Closer to a Chorus effect really.

If you don't like that kind of interference, never use an Octave Fuzz
Wtf's up with that fretboard ??? ^
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru
Wtf's up with that fretboard ??? ^

the frets are compensated to be more in tune to perfect pitch. straight frets arent perfect because, well for lots of reasons. compensating the frets helps you stay closer to "true" intervals. though unless im mistaken, there are different versions of that for different keys and such. because it is still tempered, the adjustments sound better in some keys/tunings than others. they have ones that are generally compensated as well.
You are hearing the beat frequency. It's normal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.