I was planning on getting a Peavey 6505+ combo but it won't be out by the time I need to by my amp and this is cheaper. I've read it has just as good distortion and better cleans, but they break alot. Is this all true? Listening to demos on youtube it sounds great. I'm looking for tones like Killswitch Engage, Trivium Dream theatre and also Steve Vai. Will this amp be good for this? Thanks
Look up beerchurch's blog about them on here...or check the Bugera thread. They are great sounding amps for the money...just beware of the known reliability problems. Although these might be fixed in the new runs.
Quote by eyebanez333
Look up beerchurch's blog about them on here...or check the Bugera thread. They are great sounding amps for the money...just beware of the known reliability problems. Although these might be fixed in the new runs.

this +1
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Anything made this year is perfectly reliable.

Make sure you check it's serial number, I believe the specific numbers to look for are in the said Bugera thread.
You might want to check out the 333XL (based on peavey JSX) since you play more lead oriented music. The 5150/6505/6262 always struck me more as rhythm metal amps.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss