whats the difference between the JMP and a Prestige RG?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Do you mean the JPM? I typed in "JMP" in a google search and it showed results for the JPM. And from what I can tell, it's just the John Petrucci signature. I don't know about the specs though, but the JMP is probably all about the name. The guitars are probably really similar.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Rogue Hermit
Do you mean the JPM? I typed in "JMP" in a google search and it showed results for the JPM. And from what I can tell, it's just the John Petrucci signature. I don't know about the specs though, but the JMP is probably all about the name. The guitars are probably really similar.

its the JPM
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Depends which JPM you're talking about I assume, I don't know the exact specs of all the different versions but the P4 at least had Dimarzio pups in it (Steve's Special at the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck) and a Lo-Pro bridge in addition to (I understand anyway) a slightly different neck profile.

The wiring is also slightly different to stock, Trooch has all his guitars wired so that the middle position on the three-way uses the middle coils of the pickups in conjunction rather than all of both pickups.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Wiring, switch layout, switching functions, neck profile, cosmetics.

It's a different beast, but not by a whole lot.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...