I personally wouldn't buy a Bugera without a warranty. Those things have a bad track record when it comes to reliability.
WTLTL 2011
i bought this amp about a year and a half ago and haven't had any problems. I love it. I definitely think you should buy it
Quote by Mark G
I personally wouldn't buy a Bugera without a warranty. Those things have a bad track record when it comes to reliability.

I have heard about this but hes had it for over a year and claims nothing has went wrong with it. I'm finding out if there is any warranty left on it though.

Quote by Nevermind1299
Saving 300-400 dollars on an amp that got a 9.5 rating.
What do you think?

My thoughts exactly but I was just wanting more opinions on it.
ask him to let you try it out first to see if anythings wrong with it

if nothing is wrong go for it
Quote by CrackTheSkye
I have heard about this but hes had it for over a year and claims nothing has went wrong with it. I'm finding out if there is any warranty left on it though.

My thoughts exactly but I was just wanting more opinions on it.

Any monkey offered a banana can click a mouse to give the amp a 10 star rating. Look through the reviews and only read those made by people who've had the amp for a month or more. That's when the "oh wow this thing is so much better than the Spider III I had" factor wears off and you can expect an accurate review.

In any case, try it and if it all works go for it. The money you save could go toward fixing it later if needed anyway.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G

I've heard Bugera has gotten a lot better with reliability recently. I wouldn't worry about it if it's one of the newer models.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Rogue Hermit
I've heard Bugera has gotten a lot better with reliability recently. I wouldn't worry about it if it's one of the newer models.

Good point, might be worthwhile to find out when this particular amp was made.
WTLTL 2011
Any idea how much it's worth if I were not to like it and resell?

I'd definitely try it out first

EDIT: It was made in 2008
I was under the impression it was only the 1st batch or so of the bugera's that had a nack for bursting into flames.

Go buy it!
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
lol nah

just go with a JCM800 since that is what mastodon uses (
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
its a decent enough price...you can't find much for $300. Just be aware of the problems that Bugeras have.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
lol nah

just go with a JCM800 since that is what mastodon uses (

That'd be nice but can't get a JCM800 for 300$
Quote by CrackTheSkye
That'd be nice but can't get a JCM800 for 300$

save up git a jcm 800 (or 900) combo

they cost about 600ish
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Ive been looking and the reliability thing is a big issue. It's scaring me away from buying this amp. Everything else is praised about this amp other than the reliability.
Quote by CrackTheSkye
Ive been looking and the reliability thing is a big issue. It's scaring me away from buying this amp. Everything else is praised about this amp other than the reliability.

As a few people have said, it's the older models that were un reliable. It's supposedly fixed now
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
He said he had to send it in to repair a manufacturers power defect a few months ago. He was told it was bad soldering but they fixed that and now it works fine. Any idea what this problem was?