Speaker cable would be the better of the two but if instrument cable is the only option go for it! I currently using instrument cable for the connection between amp and cab with no problems.
Quote by Photograph
So saying like a speaker cable like this:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/planet_waves_pws10.htm

would be sufficient?

Yes.

Quote by psyguitarist
Speaker cable would be the better of the two but if instrument cable is the only option go for it! I currently using instrument cable for the connection between amp and cab with no problems.

Don't do this. It may work for awhile (especially if the amp is SS)...but it will eventually do damage to your amp (the output transformer to be more specific).
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Nov 11, 2009,
get a cleartone, nicer than the planetwaves cables, and cheaper.

http://www.award-session.com/cleartone_cables.html (scroll down to high current speaker cables)

you can also get the exact length, connectors, etc. etc. you want. win-win.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 11, 2009,
^ Argh I just bought it Lol ah well, thanks for the advice! I'll keep in mind if i get one again
haha, no worries
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?