NJ judge grants right to bear arms to man who can't use his.... arms

I can't for the life of me figure out what to make of this.

Cap was an avid hunter as a teenager. He was paralyzed 30 years ago after breaking his neck in a high school football game. He plans to mount the gun on his wheelchair and operate it with a breathing tube.

Linky.

I think it's the logistics of a quadriplegic in a wheelchair going hunting successfully that's got me at a loss here.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

What, so when he breathes out he fires a bullet?
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
He plans to mount the gun on his wheelchair and operate it with a breathing tube.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by huevos
You mean fatal?

which would make it pointless, yes
just give me a fender and let me rip
he would quite literally be a tank
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by WantsLesPaul
This

*tankchair*
+

*minigun*

???

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Dude, if he can hunt, why not? Frankly, I'm just wondering why he needed a judge to approve this. I mean as long as the dude does it safely, what's the issue?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dude, if he can hunt, why not? Frankly, I'm just wondering why he needed a judge to approve this. I mean as long as the dude does it safely, what's the issue?

I'm waiting for some kind of idea of exactly how he does it at all, let alone safely. But this isn't a ZOMG BS thread, it's a WTF thread.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Because he CAN'T operate it safely. Quardapalegics use breathing tubes alot. Suppose he uses the wrong one?
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
That just seems ridiculous. Well, the right to bear arms seems ridiculous to me, and if you have to go to such extreme lengths to allow someone to use a gun then something has gone seriously wrong.

And I also thought this meant the guy would get a pair of bear arms, I was crushingly dissapointed.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I have no earthly idea on why that was so funny.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
This

*Post-rock*

+

*Vocals*

???

Quote by SteveHouse

Yeah, tell me about it.

Given that this guy used to love hunting, how is he gunna traverse the wild without some assistance? And firing with a breathing tube? I know of air darts, but still. It'll take out the sports context and challenge in hunting.
It'd be like hunting boar with a laser guide missile. Actually, that would be kinda fun.

I hate swine.
SO why would he need a judge to grant him this RIGHT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Quote by aaciseric
That just seems ridiculous. Well, the right to bear arms seems ridiculous to me, and if you have to go to such extreme lengths to allow someone to use a gun then something has gone seriously wrong.

And I also thought this meant the guy would get a pair of bear arms, I was crushingly dissapointed.

ya know, if more ppl took advantage of this right the criminals out there would be vastly out numbered when it comes to firepower

Quote by Rockingbird
Because he CAN'T operate it safely. Quardapalegics use breathing tubes alot. Suppose he uses the wrong one?

this should do the trick

http://haacked.com/images/haacked_com/WindowsLiveWriter/CategoriesvsTags_833F/561962_price_tag%5B3%5D.jpg
Last edited by xXMetal-HeadXx at Nov 11, 2009,
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx

ya know, if more ppl took advantage of this right the criminals out there would be vastly out numbered when it comes to firepower

More criminals would also be armed...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
More criminals would also be armed...

...and you think that a criminal is going to lawfully have a gun? they can get em no matter what. they are everywhere.
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx

So they'd be ready to engage in vigilante justice? Which is a criminal offence. Are your police officers that bad that you rely on randomers with guns to stop criminals?
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
...and you think that a criminal is going to lawfully have a gun? they can get em no matter what. they are everywhere.

Right, because "criminals," which is a very accurate category holding everyone who breaks the law, all have guns already. This explains stabbings as well.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

He's going to go on a shooting rampage. All quadriplegics are evil.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Oh just give him the gun and be done with it. He'd be 'armless anyway.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
What good would having arms do him? He's paralyzed from the neck down anyway...

Edit: Oh! You guys were talking about GUNS.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by SteveHouse
Right, because "criminals," which is a very accurate category holding everyone who breaks the law, all have guns already. This explains stabbings as well.

Lawfully or unlawfully, guns are available to you all.
Take advantage of the great sales!
See that fo-fo right thur!? Buy one and get a .357, half-off!!

Criminals are still people. Law abiding citizens could very easily cross that (thin) line, give the right nudge.

This is how the correctional system and law enforcement works; by establishing an "us" (LAC) vs "them" (criminals) mentality. In reality, it's more than just a polarity, or several shades of grey. It's a complex ecosystem that we are trying to control, for better or worse.

Huedit: I see your point now. I misinterpreted it at first.
Last edited by huevos at Nov 11, 2009,
I think he ought to just use a shoulder cannon, a bit like the Predator.

Then, with the appropriate bionic alterations, he could pretty much just turn into one of the robots from Short Circuit.
Is he planning on going hunting or just using the shooting range? Cause I'd like to know how he'll hunt game through thick undergrowth in a wheelchair.