Hey, UG! I need some new headphones. Can you help?

Here’s a quick rundown of what’s important to me when it comes to headphones: very good sound quality, comfort, balance (as in the lows, mids and highs are relatively equal, nothing really higher or lower than the other), genre-versatility and a sense of intimacy with the music.

Some of the brands and models that I’ve researched a bit are:

Grado SR60i/SR80i/SR125i/etc. (I’m very drawn to this brand, especially the SR80i because I hear that the sound is fantastic and crystal clear, yada yada. However, I am very worried that this ‘phone won’t be able to deliver on all music fronts. It’s apparently really good for rock and metal, but I also listen to a lot of electronic, post-rock and such. I dunno.)

Sony MDR-7506 (This is the headphone that turned me onto, uh, headphones. Sadly it seems that this ‘phone is not so much used for general music listening but rather studio stuff. Bummer.)

Sennheiser HD-280, Sennheiser HD-555 (Actually don’t know much about these ‘phones except that they are recommended a lot. Well, at least the 555 is. I’m a bit hesitant on both, however.)

AKG K240 (Looks cool, I guess.)

If it helps, some of the bands I love and listen to are: Radiohead, The Mars Volta, At the Gates (melodic death metal), Led Zeppelin, Ratatat, Portishead, Massive Attack, God Is an Astronaut, múm, Sigur Rós, Metallica, Air, At the Drive-In, Mastodon, Aphex Twin, The White Stripes and so on…

My budget is around $120, give or take a very small amount and I live within the United States. Also, I do not really plan on using an amp at this time and I will be using my headphones in my room through my computer, 320bitrate. Maybe OCCASIONALLY I’ll hook it up to my iPod or Zune (whichever I buy). Sound leakage, noise-cancellation and looks are really not issues for me.
So yeah!! I know I gave a lot of information and I apologize for the length… but ANY help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
Not sure where this goes, but it isnt here,

Reported.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
extremeisolation?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
skullcandys
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
skullcandys

He said good quality
Wearethesuperlativeconspiracy (WESC)
Very nice headphones IMO.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by Absent Mind
Not sure where this goes, but it isnt here,

Reported.

Put yourself in my position. I didn't know either.

Thanks for helping, if you want to call it that.

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
well, GB&C is one of the last places i would have put it. lets try GG&A first, and if that doesnt work well, i can switch it over to R&R.
yes, but i worked my magic

i dont really know enough about headphones to help unfortunatly. like you ive heard the sennheisers are good, but thats pretty much all ive got for ya

EDIT: well ive now merged the two threads, just for more fun and confusion
Quote by jof1029
yes, but i worked my magic

i dont really know enough about headphones to help unfortunatly. like you ive heard the sennheisers are good, but thats pretty much all ive got for ya

Ooh that makes more sense

I'll remake my recommendations then.
WESC are pretty damn good headphones, my favorite I've tried so far.
Sennheisers are also nice headphones, good if your on a budget.
Skullcandy I would avoid, they have a tendency to break but the sound quality is pretty good.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey