Hey.

First off, please don't critisise my use of pedals, it's my choice like many pro's do, I like the sound and it works for me!

Ok, so I'm looking for a tube amp. I want something warm and nice cleans. I'll be using a EHX Big Muff Pi and Vox Satchurator fo my overdrive/dist.

Price range is going to be £400 - 500, when I save enough up.

I play pretty much a bit of everything. Hendrix - Clapton - Metallica etc. I know it's hard to find an amp to fit all of these, so I'd rather it fit the classic rock side of it more.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions on what to buy/research.

Sorry if I missed anything, just tell me if I have.
Vox AC4
Bugera V5/22
Marshall Class 5
Blackheart Little Giant
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
Vox AC4
Bugera V5/22
Marshall Class 5
Blackheart Little Giant

Thanks for the quick responce.

Something I just remembered, mainly playing in my room at the moment (loudly though) want to get into a band soon so hopefully one that can do both as I don't want to spend another £500 just for that.
go for the orange tiny/dual terror. u'd have to get a cab though (get an orange cab for incredible cleans!), or you could just get the tiny terror combo which is also supposedly really nice.
Peavey Classic 30
Laney VC30
Hayden MoFo
Epiphone Valve Senior
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Thanks guys.

I'm liking these suggestions, pretty similar to what I had in mind.

The Laney VC30, Peavey Classic 30 and the Orange take my fancy quite a bit. Only problem is my local shops don't stock them, and no one really does amp with pedal reviews on YouTube.

Anyone had personal experience with them?
Quote by DeadlySurfer
Thanks guys.

The Laney VC30, Peavey Classic 30 and the Orange take my fancy quite a bit. Only problem is my local shops don't stock them, and no one really does amp with pedal reviews on YouTube.

And now so do the Bugeras...
Quote by DeadlySurfer
Thanks guys.

I have a Tiny Terror, but it's the head version. I love the crap out of it. But now that the Dual Terror is out, it's like even though I love it, I can't stop oogling it's more attractive sister. Damn these eyes!

I mostly play slightly overdriven. I play it through a Vintage 30 2x12 combo loud, or an 8" Vintage 30 at lower levels. Both sound amazing.

My main influences are Black Sabbath, Soundgarden, early Pearl Jam, Iron Maiden, and Dream Theatre. Plus of course Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. And a ton of clean stuff, but I assume you're asking about the loud stuff. By itself, the Tiny Terror can nail every one of those tones, aside from Dream Theatre, which requires a pedal. When I got it, I think it took about a week until the shit-eating grin dissapeared from my face.

The clean tones are pretty good. Not Fender or Vox quality, but you'll be more than happy with them if you mostly play with overdrive.
Quote by jean_genie
I have a Tiny Terror, but it's the head version. I love the crap out of it. But now that the Dual Terror is out, it's like even though I love it, I can't stop oogling it's more attractive sister. Damn these eyes!

I mostly play slightly overdriven. I play it through a Vintage 30 2x12 combo loud, or an 8" Vintage 30 at lower levels. Both sound amazing.

My main influences are Black Sabbath, Soundgarden, early Pearl Jam, Iron Maiden, and Dream Theatre. Plus of course Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. And a ton of clean stuff, but I assume you're asking about the loud stuff. By itself, the Tiny Terror can nail every one of those tones, aside from Dream Theatre, which requires a pedal. When I got it, I think it took about a week until the shit-eating grin dissapeared from my face.

The clean tones are pretty good. Not Fender or Vox quality, but you'll be more than happy with them if you mostly play with overdrive.

Thanks for this, nice to get a view of what it's like with a pedal. I'll probaly just use a pedal to be honest, I just prefere controlling every aspect of the sound (control freak I know). I've found some nice clean demos on Youtube of the tiny terror and dual, and it seems rather nice. Still it's a bit too, bright, for me. Bright isn't the right word, but there's something missing for me. Maybe if I played one I'd be better, but I don't know

Thanks again though
You can order amps from thomann.de, they have a British store.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by DeadlySurfer
Thanks guys.

I've got a VC15, and I've played VC30s a few times, and I really like them. Good cleans, and a pretty good (great on low drive settings and boosted) footswitchable drive channel, which can get marshally with a boost. From what you've said, it sounds like the VC30 would be a really good amp for you.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by DeadlySurfer
Thanks for this, nice to get a view of what it's like with a pedal. I'll probaly just use a pedal to be honest, I just prefere controlling every aspect of the sound (control freak I know). I've found some nice clean demos on Youtube of the tiny terror and dual, and it seems rather nice. Still it's a bit too, bright, for me. Bright isn't the right word, but there's something missing for me. Maybe if I played one I'd be better, but I don't know

Thanks again though

The Dual Terror has brighter cleans than the Tiny does, so keep that in mind. Also, cabinet choice makes a big difference. I haven't played them myself, but the reviews on the Orange 1x12 cabs make them out to be a little bright, and somehow still muddy. That's why I went with tried-and-true Vintage 30s.

A later poster suggested the Vox AC15/AC30. Those can be pretty bright with the stock speaker too, but they're both great amps. I actually prefer the AC15, since I can turn it up a little more. And it weighs a LOT less.
Ok, again, thanks guys.

I've probaly got enough to get me researching through a few amps now.

Looking at the Vox AC15, Laney VC30, both Orange terrors, maybe the Bugera, but doubtful.

If anyone has other suggestions, feel free to add.
I second the VC30. Loads of headroom for pedals and takes them brilliantly, very nice cleans and it will do the classic rock crunch perfectly on its own with or without pedals.
I like AC30's, the 15's are a bit different though, still very nice amps, but I've heard mixed reviews about how they take pedals. The Orange's are awesome at some things, but I wasn't a huge fan of the cleans, and the dual terror+cab will be at least £600 new. Also they lack and EQ and reverb. You get a lot of bugera for your money, but reliability is suspect in many cases. I liked the hayden MoFo and vox night train too...All my opinions mind you, there's a lot of options at that price
Quote by ProgFolk12
I second the VC30. Loads of headroom for pedals and takes them brilliantly, very nice cleans and it will do the classic rock crunch perfectly on its own with or without pedals.
I like AC30's, the 15's are a bit different though, still very nice amps, but I've heard mixed reviews about how they take pedals. The Orange's are awesome at some things, but I wasn't a huge fan of the cleans, and the dual terror+cab will be at least £600 new. Also they lack and EQ and reverb. You get a lot of bugera for your money, but reliability is suspect in many cases. I liked the hayden MoFo and vox night train too...All my opinions mind you, there's a lot of options at that price

Kinda falling for the VC30. I like amps that are simple and straight to the point. Plus the cleans are amazing. And the price? I've found it for about £350, which is pretty dam good.

Again, more opinions welcome
Hayden Mofo... again!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Raijouta
Peavey Classic 30
Laney VC30
Hayden MoFo
Epiphone Valve Senior

+1

and the Bugera V22

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Hughes & Kettner! I own 26 H&K amps at the moment and around 23 others amps.They are very versatile with good clean sound.
Quote by zoranrataj2000
Hughes & Kettner! I own 26 H&K amps at the moment and around 23 others amps.They are very versatile with good clean sound.

Typo, exaggeration or lie?

EDIT: How come no one has said Blues Jr yet?
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab