I have a problem where when i first put on new strings the playability is perfect and I wish it could stay this way...but within a few days they stretch to a point where the playability gets worse and starts to discourage me from playing. It feels like the strings are a little more slack yet they are still in tune(standard) . BTW this happens whether or not I pre-stretch the strings when changing them and I have had luthiers do setups and change my strings and the same thing happens. So what I'll do is tune the strings a little above standard ..about an 8th of a tone or a quarter of a tone which will once again give me the perfect tension and perfect playability...only before they keep stretching...
So my questions are....

does anyone know of any way to keep that perfect playability you get when you first put strings on and being able to stay in standard tuning?

are there certain brands that fabricate stronger strings that tend to stretch less(higher modulus of elasticity maybe)?

I play 10's...should I switch to 11's so that maybe after the strings stretch the tension in them will be closer to what I like?

Thank you in advance and any suggestions are appreciated as you would really make my life if I could solve this problem...lol
Sure you are stretching them right?
Technically all strings continue to
stretch over time, but if you keep having
the problem then you are def not done
stretching them to the ideal level
my Ernie balls sound bad at first then
get the tone I like later
Quote by xDarrellx87x
Sure you are stretching them right?
Technically all strings continue to
stretch over time, but if you keep having
the problem then you are def not done
stretching them to the ideal level
my Ernie balls sound bad at first then
get the tone I like later

see now that sounds like what I want..so after they stretch is when it plays right? you think maybe it has something to do with the way my guitar is setup? I'm using d'adarrios btw
Quote by x1gzus1x
see now that sounds like what I want..so after they stretch is when it plays right? you think maybe it has something to do with the way my guitar is setup? I'm using d'adarrios btw

When I stretch strings I first tune as you normally would
then I press at the 12th frett then pull each side upwards
I do this a few times then using my thumb pressing on the frets
pull the string with your other fingers, sometimes
you have to pull the string and shake the guitar in your
lap somewhat when you start using 0.62 gauge strings
Quote by xDarrellx87x
When I stretch strings I first tune as you normally would
then I press at the 12th frett then pull each side upwards
I do this a few times then using my thumb pressing on the frets
pull the string with your other fingers, sometimes
you have to pull the string and shake the guitar in your
lap somewhat when you start using 0.62 gauge strings

yea I do the same except shaking the guitar but i stretch them out fairly...I think I'm gonna give 11's a try...I'll ask the guy who does my setups as well and hear what he has to say...thanks for the advice
get d' addario 11's or ernie ball custom gauge 52.

They work for me..
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!