I'm new to the whole wireless guitar systems, but does anyone have
any ideas on ones that wouldn't loose tone? or do you always
loose some tone over a cable? ignore price, i just work overtime
till I get cash
check out the line 6 X2 systems.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Pretty much anything $400 and up will be good. Audio Technica make some nice ones.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
If you were to lose tone it shouldnt be any worse then a cable. But i dont know what sort of wireless standard they would use ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by biga29
Pretty much anything $400 and up will be good. Audio Technica make some nice ones.

I figured so I wonder if a wireless system is worth it for thrashing around
on the stage??

The line6 seems fancy enough
Last edited by xDarrellx87x at Nov 11, 2009,
You won't get a wireless system that doesn't suck tone for less than a grand and a half. Even then it'll still suck some tone and response more than cables will.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
am I better off with just a massive long cable?

using ENGL Fireball head
Last edited by xDarrellx87x at Nov 11, 2009,
Sennheiser Wireless: ew172G2 with a Radial Tonebone Dragster Guitar Wireless Load Correction Device.

You get the feel and the sound, just like if you were using a cable. Best purchase I've made in a while.
Gear:
Epi Les Paul Custom w/ 57 classic plus & burstbucker pro
Gibson SG Limited Edition, Crescent Moon Inlays
Dr. Z SRZ-65
Egnater 4x12 cab w/ Vintage 30s
Quote by MrFlibble
You won't get a wireless system that doesn't suck tone for less than a grand and a half. Even then it'll still suck some tone and response more than cables will.

I have to respectfully disagree.

I've tried the lowest priced Line 6 X2 on both my guitar AND my bass, and there was NO suckage of tone. It could have been mistaken for a cable. Dead Serious.
Quote by xDarrellx87x
am I better off with just a massive long cable?

Not necessarily. The longer the instrument cable, the more resistance you get and the weaker your signal gets. If you are into using very long cables that let you roam from one end of a large stage to another, you'll probably need to put a signal boost pedal in there somewhere, and that will affect your tone, also.

Wireless has come a long way since the rabbit-eared receivers of the late 1970s. But like most things, you get what you pay for. I agree with biga29: stay away from anything under $400.00. Yes, I know there are systems that sell for a lot less, but you will see a serious drop-off in quality, which may translate into a drop-off in signal right in the middle of your set. And if you really want the best, be prepared to spend about US$3,000.00. For three thousand bucks, your tone will be pristine.
Thanks for enlightening me I must say that a 3K system would be quite
pricey I suppose I'll try a good $400 system and see how my ENGL head
takes it
Quote by MrFlibble

But you can usually just EQ it out to where it's almost back to normal.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...