Right guys, My JCM900 isn't cutting it for me anymore. It gets thin at band volumes and it's just not getting me where I want to be. So I want to know where I can go with it.

So here we go:
  • Must be able to gig.
  • Must take pedals well.
  • 2 channels.
  • I will go used.
  • Budget is fairly flexible at the moment so we'll say around the £600 - 800 mark.
  • Built in reverb would be nice.
  • I want nice creamy cleans, think Black Stone Cherry's clean tone.
  • Doesn't need a huge amount of gain, I want a nice Rock tone. It should be able to do AC/DC -> Black Stone Cherry -> Greenday (kind of a ball park area of tones)
  • I don't mind about head / combo. If it's a head I'd like the lower end of my budget so I can get a cab as well.
  • I'm in the UK so bear that in mind (no Mesa & CL etc )
  • Master Volume would be nice but not essential.

Amps I'm considering:
Peavey Delta Blues 115 (Would 30W be enough to keep up with a loud drummer and a 100W SS amp?)
Marshall JMP (provided it's still around)
Blackstar Series One (Might be too modern for me not too sure)
Valvepower 18 Watter (Only one channel)
Orange Rocker 30/50 (Never played Orange so not sure about this yet)

If anyone can find me a stereo rig in my budget that would cover my tones as well that would be badass If I have some leftover I might also look at a decent practice/recording amp instead of a stereo rig.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head right now. I'm going to look at some Matamp as well see what they have to offer.

Think I've covered all the bases here but if I've missed anything just gimme a shout.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Nov 11, 2009,
Have you looked into Orange? AD30 or Rocker/Rockverb 50/100?
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
^ I've never got round to trying one but I'll probably try out the Rocker since I think that's in my price range.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

laney tt series? probably would be worth a try.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Also consider the Laney VH or GH series, I can't remember which one has two channels at the moment. If you can find one, an AOR would be good too.

The new Marshall MA series also looks very promising.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
My vote goes to the Rocker 30/ Rockerverb 50
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
The Rocker is sounding very nice, just found Gabe's demo of it on youtube and it sounds pretty awesome. The Laney's I'll have to find a store near me that stocks them, not quite sure where to find 'em.

Marshall MA is also sounding promising, watched the Monkey Lord demo of it.

Anyone got any experience with the Delta Blues? I love the clean tone but I've not heard the dirty side of it yet.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Quote by SimplyBen
Blackstar Series One (Might be too modern for me not too sure) Orange Rocker 30/50 (Never played Orange so not sure about this yet)

you might be right about the blackstar, but it's still pretty sweet...

Orange seems to fit your needs better though, almost a perfect match imo.
By address volume I mean public speakers voice, I should have put speaker volume really to make it more clear, guilty as charged sorry wink.gif . I don't do any mixing on it so that's not neccesary as speakers in front of the mic and music/prerecordings never need be mixed in with the live voice. In fact the way I have had the old setup wired was deliberately to keep the prereorc or live voice playback exclusive to one or the other so I can't accidentally put both through which would be a bad thing in this case.
=================================================
women's shapewear
Sports Competition
^ Erm.. Good?

GrisKy: I am leaning more to the Orange at the moment, seems to be pretty damn good and highly regarded.

Are Framus cabs any good? They seem pretty reasonably priced off thomann.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band