Ive never really lived in an apartment before. Lived in a condo on my own, sure. Not an apartment. What im wondering is how exactly does it work when two people are living in a one bedroom apartment.

Do I have to tell them there will be two of us? Or can I just apply, get the apartment and then bring said person in (wed only have one car so its not like wed be taking up another parking spot)? Like do they check or care? I dont know...honestly dont know the rules of these things. Its a gated community btw. Does he have to be on the lease?

Basically, im going off to college and ill be paying for this apartment myself but being a young student with no credit etc, I need a co-signer. Thats where good ol' parents come in. Problem is, I cant let them know ill be having another person. I dont care if the land lord knows..im not trying to pull any sneaky tricks on her. Just wondering if itll be on the papers and available info for my parents to see.

You get what im asking..explain to this poor clueless soul please how this works. Id ask the apartment directly but I cant for a while
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Ask the landlord.

Seriously. He'll know.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
In process. Anyone knowledge-able on how it works in general though? Just in the big picture. Doesnt have to be my situation.

Stepco's Master
I doubt that he will care how many people are living in his building as long as he gets rent.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Be careful. It really depends on the landlord being cool or not, but just recently someone I know has been evicted for having people living in their apartment who weren't on the lease, and it was completely legal for the LL to do this.
Last edited by captain Trips at Nov 11, 2009,
I've been living on my own in an apartment for 3 months now and if your apartment complex is anything like mine they won't care. Of course every place is going to be different.
Thanks captain trip and masamune. I hope its not like what Trips is saying. Who knows though. Good to know that usually they arnt like that. Ill be able to ask soon.

Im over 18 and paying my rent, but if my parents dont approve of two people then they dont have to co-sign..and then I dont have a co-signer to get the apartment. So id be screwed

Stepco's Master
usually most landlords are fine with it, aslong as you speak to them before hand to make sure.

the main problem are student places, ie places run by unite and any company like them. its one person per room etc etc. although tbh they dont care, my girl lived in my unite room/flat for like 3-4 months in the summer. i spoke to unite beforehand and they were like 'usually we say 2 weeks, but aslong as you dont trash the place and show respect and we dont get any complaints we dont care' sorta thing.

but always ask and find out
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
Quote by yellowfrizbee
. I dont care if the land lord knows..im not trying to pull any sneaky tricks on her.

my my my what do we have here?
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Well its not a school owned apartment complex or anything, I just didnt know if theyd care or not. Mostly was thinking about parking spaces and perhaps a higher water bill. Said apartment includes water..so I didnt know if theyd get pissy about that.

edit: ^ What are you suggesting with that licking face

Stepco's Master