so im looking for a guitar that can handle hardcore and metal music for around 500$. the problem is i cant find one that has a similar neck to a stratocaster. anyone know of any? thanks.
what's your amp?

and some schecters are pretty close.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by sbinlb
so im looking for a guitar that can handle hardcore and metal music for around 500$. the problem is i cant find one that has a similar neck to a stratocaster. anyone know of any? thanks.

For US$500.00? How about a Stratocaster? You can find a perfectly good one for that much or less - especially used.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Look at Charvels. I think you could get a used Charvel strat for around 500.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
I like all of these suggestions. My only problem is that I hate the tone my strat's neck gives me when playing metal. (not the amp tone, but the way the sound resonates through the body and neck) I think something with a through neck or at the very least, an LTD would be best.
the white, green, blue and purple ec1000 guitars are also available at that price.
I know that greg may still have the 1000 but its not listed on the website anymore in those colors
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Quote by joey arce
I know that greg may still have the 1000 but its not listed on the website anymore in those colors

yup, hey joey.

I still have white and blue in stock. I can get the others if needed. TS - I'd mail it right to your house, in many cases you won't have to pay sales tax.
Schecters have a very close feel to Stratocastors, and if your quick, you may be able to snag a Schecter C-1 Classic at 500$ (some sites ive been on have a sale on them because they are discontinued) if not, alot of different Schecter C-1 models are very much like a strat. Blackjacks are pretty versitile. they can play pretty good for metal, but also offer coil tapping for some cleans and blues stuff. C-1 Artists offer the same deal.
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
If you want a Stratocaster feel, then use a Stratocaster. Simply switch out the pickups for EMG's or Seymour Duncans.

Um... before you do that though, what amp are you using? That's really important.