Hey there
!
I play an Epi Les Paul, and it has intonation issues. I've gotten it spot-on accurate to a tuner, but those low fretted notes still go sharp.

Anyway, I've been looking at the "Buzz Feiten" sytem which apparently will completely eliminate intonation problems across the entire fretboard (If I understand correctly, all guitars tend to go a little sharp with those first few frets due to "low-end tension"- this eliminates that too)

I'm thinking about it, because tuning has always been an issue to me. If my guitars are in-tune, I'll still pick up on those sharpened first few frets and it'll bug me a lot. In ways, it restricts my playing- or at least my enjoyment of it.

So, does anyone have this system on their guitars, or has had some experience with it?

http://www.buzzfeiten.com/index.htm

EDIT: I may as well put this in here too. This Christmas, I can either get the Buzz Feiten system set up on my Les Paul, or just buy a new guitar (Ibanez GRG250DX - http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/images/eg2009/GRG250DX_BKF_1P_01.gif)
Last edited by SilverSpurs616 at Nov 11, 2009,
Many guitars made by Washburn or Dean will come equiped with the Buzz Feiten System.

I love my Washburn to death. I haven't noticed any intonation problems, so I guess that is a positive.
The Ibanez Gios aren't very good, so I think you're better off improving your Epi if you like it.
Buzz Feitens are a mixed bag, in my opinion.

I have tried them, and I will say they are great, but it's not the "final solution".

Not only is it still not quite perfect, but it's a b*tch to tune without a tuner that has Buzz Feiten settings.

Also, if you play with other guitarists (including a bassist), it will make YOU sound out of tune, because your guitar is now tempered differently than theirs!

You can follow this rabbit hole as far down as you like, and you will end up with this:

Don't do it, friend... Just live with, set your guitar up as best you can, and learn to ignore it.

I've been down this road!
Quote by SilverSpurs616
Hey there
!
I play an Epi Les Paul, and it has intonation issues. I've gotten it spot-on accurate to a tuner, but those low fretted notes still go sharp.
Most of the Chinese Epiphones have a REALLY tall nut. The deflection of the string when fretting at the 1st or 2nd fret is huge. If that's the case with yours, you can make a ton of that problem go away by just filing your nuts slots to the proper depth.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
If you want something similar, look at Earvana nuts. They do basically the same thing, but you dont need a special tuner, you can install it yourself and its a lot cheaper.