This band requires your attention immediately.

VANITY

Stupid name for such a killer band, started instrumental, broke through to the vocal side of things. Seriously good stuff. I guess you could tag them with the fusion thing, they're experimental...which, which..suits these fellows exactly...but with REALLY good gutteral growls, with the occasional scream. Scream meaning, not core scream in any way shape or form, nothing against core...just not my thing.

I'm mortified and bitter about Falloutboy being able to get on a record label, and these guys cannot. No thread on them that I could find. So, enjoy

EDIT: Take a listen to Catherine for their really awesome side.
Last edited by severed-metal at Nov 11, 2009,
A band more than deserving to be deemed fusion, imo.

They blend elements of the whole fusion deal, with growls, screams, clean vocals...trippy beats, nice guitar tone, great drumming. They have a bassist.

They're not just a one trick pony either, which is just nifty in my book.
No matter how hard I try I just can't seem to get into this type of metal.
I don't like 'em at all.
"You're so vaaaaain
You probably think this band is about you
Don't you?
Don't you?"
Philosophy > Life
This band is ****ing awesome!
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Love this stuff, thanks Severed. Somewhat different, they're a breathe of fresh air
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by severed-metal

I'm mortified and bitter about Falloutboy being able to get on a record label, and these guys cannot.

Very slly thing to say.

Anyways, sounded over saturated, sterile, and try hard to my ears.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
not bad but really needs more of the piano. not fond of the guitars or vocals at all
Quote by severed-metal
A band more than deserving to be deemed fusion, imo.

They blend elements of the whole fusion deal, with growls, screams, clean vocals...trippy beats, nice guitar tone, great drumming. They have a bassist.

They're not just a one trick pony either, which is just nifty in my book.

looool
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Very slly thing to say.

Anyways, sounded over saturated, sterile, and try hard to my ears.

I speak of only the truth.

As for the sound, it appeals to a more..fusion based crowd, you won't like it if you don't like most fusion, if i'm too assuming, feel free to correct.
Quote by severed-metal
I speak of only the truth.

As for the sound, it appeals to a more..fusion based crowd, you won't like it if you don't like most fusion, if i'm too assuming, feel free to correct.

98% of fusion* is crap

I do enjoy some very good Fusion though. I have nothing against "clean" music, its just the lifeless sterile clean music I don't enjoy.

*Also see = 98% of music is crap
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
The music went different directions, from this polished death metal, to fusion beats, to elevator music, and back to death metal. Growling was superb...I don't listen to many fusion bands, with the odd exception of Cynic, Exivious and these guys.

Rambling on as usual, i'll agree with you. Most music sucks.
theres some good fusion, like pat metheny, brecker bros, herbie...but most of it is terrible. the epitome of terrible fusion IMO is john mclaughlin, the guy just completely mutilates jazz and has absolutely no idea how to blow. although he's more or less a rock player + all that weird indian shit hes doing now

don't get me started on these metal bands... >.<
Quote by severed-metal
The music went different directions, from this polished death metal, to fusion beats, to elevator music, and back to death metal.

And yet they still couldn't accomplish anything.

Is like the whole purpose of the music is to say "This is a metal structure.... this is fusion structure..... this is elevator music.... now back to your average metal segment.... any questions?"

If you told me each individually part of their music was written separately at time frames years apart, I would believe you. Cut and paste in audio form.

And hell I have nothing against clean fusion "avantgarde" metal.

I just like it done well, ie Kekal, even if they do write music that sounds like a gay flowery techno fairy wrote it.

Its still musically well done at least.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
House of Flies started nice, but the abrupt change to clean vocals sounds massively forced and pointless. Good growls though. Kinda Opeth-y.

oh now the song gets all fusion/dream theater esque. Can you say forced? Honestly. No point at all.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by MoogleRancha
"You're so vaaaaain
You probably think this band is about you
Don't you?
Don't you?"

Your exceptional knowledge on pop music is quite disturbing
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Cianyx

"You tell me that you need me
Then you go and cute me down, but wait
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around and say

That it's too late to apologize, too late
I said it's too late to apologize, too late"
Philosophy > Life
Quote by VampireGoldfish
And yet they still couldn't accomplish anything.

Is like the whole purpose of the music is to say "This is a metal structure.... this is fusion structure..... this is elevator music.... now back to your average metal segment.... any questions?"

If you told me each individually part of their music was written separately at time frames years apart, I would believe you. Cut and paste in audio form.

And hell I have nothing against clean fusion "avantgarde" metal.

I just like it done well, ie Kekal, even if they do write music that sounds like a gay flowery techno fairy wrote it.

Its still musically well done at least.

I'll have to give this Kekal a listen.

I'm not saying that's the only purpose, but it's something different. They still have a long ways to go, I more or less just put this band up for people to get a general feel for them, if they could fuse some of their elements together better, cut out the clean vocals, and they could have a nice sound. Again, they're still a young band, with loads of potential.
Quote by severed-metal
I'll have to give this Kekal a listen.

1000 Thoughts of Violence
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Cianyx

Aren't the lyrics from a Star****ers Inc. by NIN? If so... wouldn't call it pop.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
The band is definately interesting. Usually I'm not too fond of the kind of growls used, but they weren't too bad in this band.

Never understood the hate for screams. Isn't it equally challenging to build up a good scream as a good growl?
Quote by rg_metal

UGH!
taste
kaygade
It depends on your vocal ability, along with your stamina....you can work on both though.

I just don't like -core screams. Not my thing.
Quote by Cianyx

Fair enough :P Didn't know that song or that artist. But it is very close with NIN's:
"you're so vain
I bet you think this song is about you
don't you?
don't you?
don't you?
don't you?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hclkb76IvY

EDIT: Possibly a reference to Carly Simon?
Quote by rg_metal

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Last edited by Senor Kristian at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by dminishedthingy
Really good stuff, I enjoyed Catherine quite a bit

Whoah. Haven't seen this guy in a while
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by BR00TAL
This sounds like your average progressive metal band, not a fusion outfit.

yeah but being labeled fusion is the 'in' thing these days
Haha I guess. To me it's band's like Exivious, Animals as Leaders and the new Lye By Mistake record that have created a true, recognizable marriage of Metal and Jazz fusion.

Anyway that being said, this stuff is alright- it's not doing anything for me as of yet but perhaps I need further listening.
Quote by BR00TAL
Haha I guess. To me it's band's like Exivious, Animals as Leaders and the new Lye By Mistake record that have created a true, recognizable marriage of Metal and Jazz fusion.

Anyway that being said, this stuff is alright- it's not doing anything for me as of yet but perhaps I need further listening.

i dunno, fusion has lost alot of its jazziness ever since retards like john mclaughlin got popular >.< its turning from good old jazz fusion to just weird rock music with really spastic time and wankery.

i dunno, i dont think jazz goes well together with other music